Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

A210 non starter

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  mick-uk 
#1 ·
Hi
I just wondered if someone could help me out? I have a A210 evo 2003 which upon till last week was running fine, now i have search internet as you do and from what i have learnt it could be 1of 2 things.
1) Starter lockout relay (K3)
2) starter motor

starter feed wire?
i have tested the purple wire with a test light and it lights up for about 1 second or so and goes off on the female end and does nothing on the male end, can anyone tell me if this a replay or starter motor needed or what to test next.
really appreciate any help or advice
thanks
Mick

#2 ·
with the key off the ignition, try touching the purple wire, without unplugging it, to the battery +ve terminal and see if the starter will crank.
it would help to know if the car is manual or auto.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I will gave this again today and this time my test light stayed and there was noise coming from somewhere or thing but the car did not crank over, so what does this indicate? faulty starter or something else? and its manual.
thanks
mick

#6 ·
went to bump start the car today and believe it or not car started, but when i turned it off and went back wouldn't start again, so bump started it drove it 35 miles to the dealers i bought it from and while i was there is started every time, so i have just left it with them to figger out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.