Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

How to remove the driver glass window?

3K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Giuggio 
#1 ·
Hello

I have to replace the whole driver door - I bought a second hand one on eBay - and move all the stuff from the old door to the new one (lock, outer mirror, airbag unit, inner panel and so on), but I've never seen DIY instructions about how to remove (and reassemble) the glass window with the regulator/motor.

How you help me finding the right instructions?

Best regards

#2 ·
Okay, I've found it out and accomplished the 'mission'.
If you have to do the same, follow these instructions:

- Remove the inner panel as described by Lofty at Bert Rowe's-mercedes-Benz 'A'-class info. Removal of Inner Rear Door Panel 1/3/2001
- Lower the window glass completely
- Remove the inner weatherstripping or also the external one if necessary
- Remove the black vertical metal guide between the two glasses by unscrewing the four screws (the lowest in the inner side of the door, two in the middle and one on top)
- Raise the glass in the middle and unscrew the only screw which connects the glass to the regulator
- Lower the glass by hands and take it off the door by carefully pulling/pushing it upwards

Regulator
NB: The regulator has three rivets. If you have to replace it, you have to destroy the rivets using a screw/drill machine and of course, replacing them with new corrosion resistant rivets with a rivet clamp (alternatively you can use corrosion resistant bolts and nuts)

and then reverse

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.