Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Alan

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  MB•David 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, just bought an a140, year 2000, it has no owners handbook and I would like to know what the 3 buttons on the center console do. Obviously the EC button is on or off and the same with the recirc button, but please what is the other button with the two squiggly lines on for?

#2 ·
Alan, which is this third one you're referring to? I just looked at pre-facelift Interior manual, and this is what it shows:

If your car is, by any chance, a facelift (or was modified to facelift dash), then you'll see this:

Again, just two buttons (4 & 5) ... :\

BTW, if you want the facelift full manual, I've got it in pdf, so can either email, or upload it for you (it's 21MB). If your W168 is definitely pre-facelift, I also have a printed original Interior Owner's Manual (1998-2001) for the model (the first picture above is a scan from it), you can have it for beer money :) - PM or email me :thumbsup:

PS References to facelift in these pictures were added by me, so don't blame Mercedes, if I got the month wrong ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.