Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Fresh/Recycled Air Button

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  jonnybiggs69 
#1 ·
I have a pet-hate with the car always resetting the fresh/recycle air to fresh after a period of time. Has anyone attempted to change this behaviour or know of a way to disable it?

I don't care what the reasoning behind it is. I don't want fresh cold air coming in when I am trying to warm the car, as well, I don't want fresh warm air coming in when I am trying to cool the car.

Cheers!

#2 ·
I'd like to know this too =)

Same problem, for me I find it annoying as it invariably turns the recirculate of when you are stuck behind a stinky diesel truck or something and suddenly the cabin is full of fumes.

#3 ·
Same problem, for me I find it annoying as it invariably turns the recirculate of when you are stuck behind a stinky diesel truck or something and suddenly the cabin is full of fumes.
Yes! As well, where I live it is QUITE humid. So when I finally get the humidity under control, I do not want more humid air coming in.

I posted this same topic in a few other BM forums and responses have been to the nature of, 'you'll suffocate' or 'it helps to keep the driver alert.'

I had my console removed on the weekend and can see the motor that controls the flaps but it is out of reach but I did follow the wires from it. If it wasn't for the occasional need for fresh air, I would simply disconnect it.

If I find a solution, I'll update this post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.