Blower resistor - help - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W168 A-Class
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 06:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Newbie
 
Date registered: Jun 2010
Posts: 4
Blower resistor - help

I have A 170 CDI and problem with blower fan. I found problem and it is a blower resister. Problem is with resister on this, and I would like to exchange them but I do not know the values of this resistor. Does somebody knows what are the values ( Ohm ) of this. I tried whitout resistor ( direct wire ) and it works... but this unit is too hot..



Uploaded with ImageShack.us
marek0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-19-2010, 06:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member
 
brujobrc's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2009
Vehicle: A 190 Elegance 2001 Gasoline
Location: San Carlos de Bariloche - Patagonia - Argentina
Posts: 140
Send a message via ICQ to brujobrc Send a message via MSN to brujobrc
where are the resistor? out of green maybe was a diode. The device have any code? How is the conection of these?
brujobrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
BenzWorld Newbie
 
Date registered: Jun 2010
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by brujobrc View Post
where are the resistor? out of green maybe was a diode. The device have any code? How is the conection of these?


Yes..Maybe is diode... check this link... I would like to repair this..

Bert Rowe's-mercedes-Benz 'A'-class info. Heater Blower/Fan Units fan controls ,heater controls , resister replacement.
marek0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 03:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member
 
brujobrc's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2009
Vehicle: A 190 Elegance 2001 Gasoline
Location: San Carlos de Bariloche - Patagonia - Argentina
Posts: 140
Send a message via ICQ to brujobrc Send a message via MSN to brujobrc
Quote:
Originally Posted by marek0007 View Post
So I think about of these device maybe is a Thermistor. The conector have 4 pin two for the diode and two for thermistor. Tomorrow I see in one manual and post it

Edit: I saw the manual "Autodata" The block R6 resistors are 3 in serial. Pin 3-4 are the addition of 3. Pin 3-2 are one resistor. Pin 1 and 4 the other resistor and pin 2 - 1 the central/external resistor.

Now I think each resistor are the velocity level. If you can measure one of these I think as the other are same. value. When one resistor is switch on the engine start one velocity, When the R1+R2 are twice the velocity are too slow, and when the 3 resistor R1+R2+R3 are join then is the first velocity. All off was the max of velocity

Last edited by brujobrc; 06-20-2010 at 05:17 PM.
brujobrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Jun 2010
Posts: 8
There is a diode in this device, the little round shiny thing on the end. There is also a resistor in the device, The green ceramic coating. In the other benz blowers there are a couple of resistors in the 0.1 and 0.7 ohm range. This is to restrict the voltage in the fans to below about 11 volts. In some systems the alternator/regulators run from 14.2 - 14.7 volts, way too high for a good battery. In the better diesels, they run in the 13.75 to 13.95 volts. Try a 5-7 watt ceramic wire wound resistor in the 0.25 ohm range. If the voltage to the fan is low, drop to as low as 0.08 ohms with the same rating, or go higher to the same target voltage.

The reason for the back diode would be to keep from kicking a spike back to other sircuitry when the switch is opened to turn off the fan.

Hope this helps!
Tom Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 06:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member
 
brujobrc's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2009
Vehicle: A 190 Elegance 2001 Gasoline
Location: San Carlos de Bariloche - Patagonia - Argentina
Posts: 140
Send a message via ICQ to brujobrc Send a message via MSN to brujobrc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hardy View Post
There is a diode in this device, the little round shiny thing on the end. There is also a resistor in the device, The green ceramic coating. In the other benz blowers there are a couple of resistors in the 0.1 and 0.7 ohm range. This is to restrict the voltage in the fans to below about 11 volts. In some systems the alternator/regulators run from 14.2 - 14.7 volts, way too high for a good battery. In the better diesels, they run in the 13.75 to 13.95 volts. Try a 5-7 watt ceramic wire wound resistor in the 0.25 ohm range. If the voltage to the fan is low, drop to as low as 0.08 ohms with the same rating, or go higher to the same target voltage.

The reason for the back diode would be to keep from kicking a spike back to other sircuitry when the switch is opened to turn off the fan.

Hope this helps!
Is sure about the kicking a spike back, but need 3 diodes one for each velocity. In a circuit diagram the diode isnt see it. The device is connected into a microprocesor control unit, I think about it regulate the velocity/battery charge, is not, I ear the changes flow sound.
brujobrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Jun 2010
Posts: 8
OK! If there are 3 resistors in the module and it plugs into a uP link in your model. It would mean that the microprocessor selects the speed and the thing that looks like some diodes i have worked with is an electrolytic cap. Again this is to cut down spikes from the brushes in the motor.

If possible measure the 3 links to the + (Clear end) of the cap) this point should go to the motor. If there are 3 resistors in parallel or selected at different times then the value can be approximately calculated of the bad resistor. Too high a value and the speed will be slow. Too low a value and the speed will be fast.

The more information we can find about this little thing, the easier it will be to fix the problem. it is doubtful that anything will be blown unless the power is bypassed to the shell end of the capacitor (-).
Tom Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member
 
brujobrc's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2009
Vehicle: A 190 Elegance 2001 Gasoline
Location: San Carlos de Bariloche - Patagonia - Argentina
Posts: 140
Send a message via ICQ to brujobrc Send a message via MSN to brujobrc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hardy View Post
OK! If there are 3 resistors in the module and it plugs into a uP link in your model. It would mean that the microprocessor selects the speed and the thing that looks like some diodes i have worked with is an electrolytic cap. Again this is to cut down spikes from the brushes in the motor.

If possible measure the 3 links to the + (Clear end) of the cap) this point should go to the motor. If there are 3 resistors in parallel or selected at different times then the value can be approximately calculated of the bad resistor. Too high a value and the speed will be slow. Too low a value and the speed will be fast.

The more information we can find about this little thing, the easier it will be to fix the problem. it is doubtful that anything will be blown unless the power is bypassed to the shell end of the capacitor (-).
Yes, in other model (03.01-) the 3 resistor are in parallel and the microprocesor switch the RP (R parallel) Pin 1 R common. Pin3, R1. Pin 4 R2 and Pin 2 R3.

As each velocity will be the double of the one RP maybe the double either so when the microprocesor switch one, two or three resistor the RP will be the new R value.
brujobrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W168 A-Class

Bookmarks



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
AC Blower or Resistor Pack gmascoli W202 C-Class 7 07-07-2009 09:52 AM
Help Where is the Blower Resistor ct74 W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class 1 05-21-2009 12:50 PM
w115 blower resistor Necrosavant Vintage Mercedes-Benz 11 02-21-2009 05:05 AM
Need Resistor For Blower Pasi R/C107 SL/SLC Class 1 10-03-2006 04:52 AM
blower resistor papashey W124 E,CE,D,TD Class 3 12-29-2004 11:52 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:09 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.