Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Engine Noise

25K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Greenspoon 
#1 ·
Hi

I have a problem with engine noise please see the youtube clip. If sombody know if it denger too drive withe this sound...or how to repair this??

regards
filip

#4 ·
Have you managed to get MB or a garage to listen to the noise, I certainly don't like what I'm hearing if you have isolated the water pump, alternator, air con compressor pulley bearings which you did by removing the belt then this is something more serious, any signs of burning oil, water in the oil , oil in the coolant reservoir? problems starting?

#6 ·
Well there has got to be reason why the noise is there but sorry i can't help, how long ago since you changed the oil? as your aware normally the 'a class oil stays pretty clean is yours OK.
Even though the car is running OK I would try and get it checked out you obviously realise this or you wouldn't have asked for help.

#8 ·
I have seen a camshaft rusted to pieces on these engines and it made the same sound. Open the top of the engine and inspect the camshaft.

#11 ·
Sorry to hear your bad news, easiest way out no is another engine which is always easier said then done becuae you hasve to get the old one out and the new one in which is a big job.
either way good luck which is more than you have had todate.
Lofty

#13 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.