Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

'14 ML3502w fuses for trailer hitch "HELP"

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  mattml430 
#1 ·
Can someone who uses their ML to tow a trailer please verify if there are fuses in the following positions? 101, 111, 115, 126, 128, 130. I have been working on an auxiliary backup light power source. I bought a 7 pin hitch plug and used the ground blade and the center backup light pin to power it. No go. Plugged it into my Durango and it lit up right away, so the light is good. Checked the fuse box and 3 of those listed were missing. 101 (20a), 111 (15a) and 126 (15a) were missing. I checked the other 3, 115, 128, 130 and the fuses were good. So before I go running to the dealer, should all 6 positions have fuses in them? Any else I might be missing? Thanks.

See less See more
#3 ·
I don’t know if you got the information you needed,but I don’t think it’s that simple. There is a trailer recognition module in a factory system with about 12 wires. All sorts of things are energized when you plug a trailer into it. ESP blindspot Park Sensors are energized and de-energized. All of the circuits have to be completed. It even takes a special 7 way plug for led trailer lights,unless they changed it on the 14s
I installed a factory hitch on my 12. Took two full days

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.