Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2012 ML350 Illuminated Door Sill

9K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  CarlosGardel 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,
Our new (to us) 2012 ML350 has illuminated door sills. Lately the drivers side has gone from flickering to never coming on. The illuminated Mercedes Benz is nice so I'm wondering if anyone has any idea how to fix it or at least get it out so I can take a look see if it's a loose connection.

Thanks

#2 ·
Don't know if it may be the same issue, but it may be a broken inverter. If you have an MB Accessory sill, you can take it back to the dealer and tell them it's not working. About 8-9 years ago, I took mine back and got a new one installed. :)

Attachments

#4 ·
Not necessarily, but if you have established and maintained a continuous relationship with your service department, you have built a reservoir of good will which can really benefit you in the long run. They will likely go that extra mile for you in multiple ways. Dealers carefully monitor their Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI), which is a very important metric for car dealerships and their service departments and that's why they focus intently on this number. :)

All you can really do is try - the worst they can say is it’s no longer under warranty, but may still give you a better deal for customer retention.;)

#6 ·
My CLS-550 has the illuminated front door sills and the driver's side
frequently fails to come on when the LF door is opened. If you then
open the LR door, for example, or start the car, the sill lights up. It's
not just the sill, however. On the door, the red safety light and the
down light also fail and then come on. Any ideas? Thanks. Jim...

#8 ·
Hello,

I to have a similar issue as MillTek, the passenger side was completely off, then dim and then flickered on and off and then on and then gone again.
I ran diagnostics with a Foxwell reader and it said there is an open (which is obvious by the behavior) I have read somewhere that most of the time it turns out to be connectors not sitting well. I have looked everywhere how to open the assembly so that I can see the connector, no luck. I am kind of nervous to pry and bend or break the sill plate (those are not cheap for what they are)
This may also be your case... If you come across the procedure to open the sill plate let us know :)

Regards

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.