Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Phone compatibility with 2014 ML350 with Navigation

5K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  dand. 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am currently using an Andriod phone and am considering to switch to an iPhone. My only concerns are lack loss of functionality? Does anyone have direct experience with the 2014 ML350 with an Andriod or iPhone?

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks
Ed

#2 ·
Hello,

I am currently using an Andriod phone and am considering to switch to an iPhone. My only concerns are lack loss of functionality? Does anyone have direct experience with the 2014 ML350 with an Andriod or iPhone?

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks

Ed

Currently using iPhone 7, before that 6 and SE.
Primary for calls (love speed dial inn MB)
Navigations, music streaming.
All works as it should.
Phone gets connected via BT in a second, much faster than in my previous Audi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Thank you for the help Dand.

Thanks for the response Dand it was very helpful.

Just to share for others with that same question:

Here is a link on the MB website to confirm compatibility with all phone models. The link below will bring you right to the W166 - ML350 section.

M-Class (MY 2014-2015) » Telephone Link Bluetooth® Connectivity | Device Selection @ Mercedes-Benz Connectivity

This is where you can check it online on the MB website. you can put in all the supported phones. I didn't understand some of the feature differences, so I borrowed a friends old iPhone SE (which is the same O/S as the iphone 6) and it connects automatically every time and only think missing from my Andriod was I didn't get text messages on the Command / Navigation. A feature I don't care about since you have to be stopped to use it. You can't sent, it will not read texts and you can't respond via voice commands (like my old car a Nissan Altima). So you just have to pick up the phone when you are stopped (in a safe location) same as on the Command/Navigation.

All Voice and music play functions are perfect ( music play is better than my Android - Motorola Droid Turbo.)

I'm going to get the iPhone 6s based on this.

THANK You Dand!

#6 ·
The only issue I have is that I cannot connect to Internet. All other functions work perfectly. My W166 is of model year 2013. At the moment I use Iphone SE. I live in Sweden. MB has confirmed that my car lacks Internet connection when using Iphone. Internet connection is OK when using Android phones.

#7 ·
+1. Cant get Internet to work. Not a big deal, with MB interface and screen quality, who wants to use it anyway?

Just recall I had some issues with SE streaming music via bluetooth, had some hiccups. Only if I was streaming mp3 320 bitrates.
Found online: BT calls on SE had some issues sound quality. But I think this was fixed in 10.0.1 update.
iPhone 6 and 7 no issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.