Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Multiple codes triggered, possible short circuit? Vacuum issue?

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  43sqd 
#1 ·
Hi folks

The following codes have all triggered at once:

P2009 Intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit Low Bank 1
P0112 Intake Air Temperature Circuit Low Input
P0100 Mass Air Flow (MAF) Circuit Malfunction
P0102 Mass air flow (MAF) sensor/volume air flow (VAF) sensor low input
P1102 Mass Air Flow Sensor In Range But Lower Than Expected
P0243 Turbocharger Wastegate Solenoid A Malfunction

Could it be a vacuum issue? I've check all hoses visually and cannot see any cracks, they all appear to be in good condition. None appear to be dislodged.

Any ideas what it could be or anything I can do to test?

Cheers
Si

#2 ·
SimonDlh,

It helps greatly to know what year and engine you are asking questions about.
Also include miles/KMs and your general location.
Include any recent maintenance and events leading to your post.
Sometimes things happen suddenly, sometimes there may have been clues.
Skippy

#6 ·
The car is currently running however in limp mode from what I can tell. The battery is nearly new and the car is used daily. I did however charge the battery overnight and then clear the codes. The engine light went off for short period and teh car ran at full power with the turbo working, but after 15-30 mins the engine light came back on, along with all those engine codes. I checked the fuses visually and they appear to be fine. Also, as the issue was intermittent, I assume it wouldn't be a blown fuse?

#7 ·
Researched the P1102 and it looks like A) check to confirm all connections are OK, B) check air filters to see if they need replacing, C) either clean the MAF's or replace them. I had one fail on my '08 320 ML and while the vehicle ran OK it guzzled fuel. I also think the CEL was on, but it was several years ago. In that case the dealer replaced the air snorkel which included the two MAF's.

#10 ·
It is normal for it to look like that. That small tube is the crankcase vent and the electric valve with the orange seal is a heater.
If it was loose like the picture it is a likely suspect.
There is another orange seal, larger, at the turbo inlet. Both of these get soft over time. I replace mine every 20,000 mikes or so.
New ones fit tightly.

Skippy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.