Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Electric seats not working

42K views 31 replies 4 participants last post by  43sqd 
#1 ·
Hello everyone.

I´ve read about 100 posts about this subject and nothing has helped so far. My front seats are not working (not memory seats), ML500.

I have tested the motors and they work fine, I think I have checked all fuses and they are fine, I can´t see any plug that has been disconnected, everything else in the car works fine.

Does anyone have any clue what could cause this problem?

Also if anyone has the number on the fuses I should check, that would be appreciated.

I have already checked these fuses in the trunk,.

27 Seat adjustment and memory, Passenger front. 30
28 Seat adjustment and memory, Driver 30
62 Passenger seat adjustment, front 30
63 Seat adjustment Front 30
66 Multicontour seat motor 30
Relay K Power for electric seat adjustment (seems to be working, when I took it out and applied 12 volts I could hear it click)

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Well that explains everything. You should have said this important fact from the start.

I was under the impression that you had Memory Seats since you mentioned checking memory relay. I'll have to look at the mew elec. diagram. See Data Card below.

Also, you will have to remove both tail lamps and replace the seals with the updated ones.

Attachments

#8 ·
Well that explains everything. You should have said this important fact from the start.

Did the water wick up to the front passenger rug?

Also, you will have to remove both tail lamps and replace the seals with the updated ones.
The rug was not moist but since you mention it, I will check the plugs under the passenger seat since the SAM is located there. Already ordered the seals :)

#14 ·
*update*

After endless work and ripping everything apart in the back, I decided to check the plugs in the seats. I found out that 12volts were not coming through this black/red wire when the ignition was turned on. So i bypassed it and put a little wire from the constant 12volts to the other wire, seats work fine now. But why the wire does not lead 12volts when ignition is on is beyond me. And after bypassing it, both seats work like a charm now.

#16 ·
You can see it better in this image. These are the plugs in the front of the driver´s seat. There are three wires, one orange, one red/black and one red/yellow. Red/yellow has constant 12V, orange was ground and I guess that red/black should have 12 volts when ignition is on, since everything works as soon as the red/black got 12 volts. Did not notice were they go since they split up, but I saw that they into some relay and continue under the seat, but to where I don´t know. The black wire you see is the bypass I did.

#30 · (Edited)
With these readings that you show, I believe that the pass. side seat connector is loose or completely disconnected. Start with the pass. side and then the driver side.

To access it might be difficult since the seat(s) cannot be moved. Try your best to feel for it, if you can't, you will have to remove the 4 bolts and slowly tilt the seat forward.

You might need these wrenches.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.