Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

My ML350 2007 over heating

782 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  SkippyJasper 
#1 ·
I own a ML350 2007 that's over heating and virtually everything that could cause the problem has been replaced( water pump, thermostat, hose) recently they decided to fix a new top gasket and yet it over heats. Please someone help me out with what might be the problem as we do not have competent hands around here. 2. I replaced my battery and my doors and wiper stopped working. Save my car. Thanks.

#2 ·
Some additional details will help.

Miles/Kms on vehicle.
How long have you owned it?
Maintenance in last 20,000 (besides the water pump, battery, etc.)
Who is doing the work?
Are MB parts being used or aftermarket?
What color is the coolant?
Was the system bled after the pump/stat was replaced?
How hot is the coolant getting?

Skippy

#3 ·
Thank you so much for your response. The car is 84241km and I have own it like two years now. I only do regular maintenance on the car every month. The truth is finding pros were I stay in Nigeria is a difficult thing and it's been done by our so called service centres that only guess. I am not sure of the source of the parts used and I know it was bled after the change. The coolant avaliable to me is the one packaged by Total Petroleum. The engine sometimes runs into 90degrees.

#4 ·
90 degrees is normal. overheat is beyond 100 and 120. does this happen with the ac on? the replacement thermostat? is it within mb spec? how about the radiator? hows the condition? how about the fan speed? how is it functioning?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.