Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

'08 CDI - Random gear miss?

493 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  luciano136 
#1 ·
This weekend I took a nearly 600mi RT drive in the ML. One morning I drove up a slow steep switchback mountain road for about an hour. When I reached the top, I briefly stopped to check my directions (transmission in "Drive"). When I tried taking off again, it felt as if the transmission briefly shifted in Neutral before grabbing the gear to get going again. No issues the rest of the way. Just wondering if random "hiccups" like this aren't unusual or if another expensive repair is around the corner? I've had the fluid flushed about 10k mi ago with no signs of transmission wear (no metal shavings), so if anything I suspect an electronics issue rather than mechanical.

#3 ·
Yea, not sure. I was thinking maybe the transmission being hot screwed something up? I went from about 2,000 feet to 6,700 feet in 16mi orso. It’s a narrow road with lots of switchbacks; you won’t be going a lot more than 20-30mph. The truck was in regular Drive; not much shifting happened since the engine has so much torque (much different from my old 320 gasser). Outside temp went from about 50F to 35F when going up in elevation.

Only 63k mi btw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.