Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Front Rotor Change ... Such an Easy Job

986 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Scott52 
#1 · (Edited)
My Son in Law and I changed the front rotors on the Edition 10 ML320CDI.

We used slotted and dimpled rotors. Local Australian RDA brand for $220 a pair delivered to the door. Heaps cheaper than the standard agricultural rotors that wouldn't look out of place on a farmer's plough.

The performance and looks of the new rotor are so much better than the overpriced OEM.

It took us about 1 hour & 40 minutes from start to finish. It's so easy and doesn't require any special tools ... although a decent impact wrench makes it easier, safer and quicker to remove the two caliper mounting brackets.

I have a mains powered (240V in Oz) impact gun that delivers 300Nm anticlockwise. That's serious torque for most situations. It only cost about $70 delivered.

I perplexes me why so few owners do this work themselves. We made a short video to demonstrate the simplicity of it all.

#4 ·
"premium production" ... that made me laugh :grin

That's very kind of you.

I made a new introduction video to try to explain why I do these things. Have a look and see if it makes sense to you. Comment if you like.

Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.