Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Help w/airmatic suspension

698 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  tolltr0001 
#1 ·
I was getting the airmatic malfunction warning on my 07 ML63. Replaced the relay, didn't fix the problem. Replaced the compressor a couple days ago. Worked fine for a couple days. Now getting malfunction again and also got a warning the compressor was "cooling down". Pulled it back off after driving and it's not warm. Greased the electrical connections and reinstalled. The car isn't sagging but the compressor doesn't seem to be inflating the bags. Tried off road setting and raising the car but nothing happens. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have no idea what the issue could be at this point.

#3 ·
ML63 Airmatic Suspension Problem

Thanks Vortecpwr, this weekend I pulled off the new compressor and put the old one back on. The suspension inflated and within 10 minutes I got the malfunction warning again. I've resigned to the fact that it may be a sensor or electrical issue. While the suspension was inflated I checked every fitting for leaks and there are none. When I put the old compressor back on the system was still under pressure when I took the line loose. If it was leaking I don't think it would release pressure when I pull the line loose. It also seems logical that if I had a leak the compressor would run non-stop and it is not. Mine is just running intermittently. I have not had the faults restored so that could be the issue. I'll try tomorrow and post back what I find.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.