Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

How many miles/km are on your ML350?

18K views 28 replies 26 participants last post by  mferioli 
#1 ·
It's looking more and more like my '06 ML350 will die an early death at 165,000km due to the balance shaft issue. I've been fighting with MB to get some relief on the cost of repairing it, and I'm getting exactly nowhere. I don't want to spend between $8k-$10k on the balance shaft repair, only to inherit more problems in the future. I'm basically swearing off Mercedes both for this immense quality issue, and how their customer service team has treated me, like I'm trying to pull some sort of scam -- when all I want is a break on the labor cost for repairing a known defect.

My buddy has a VW Toureg, and he's got 220k on it and it's still going strong, so that got me thinking... How many miles/kilometers do you have on YOUR ML?

#9 ·
06 ML350 118,000+ miles, keeping it for as long as we can.

#11 ·
If you get the balance shaft fixed it should last a long time. We got our balanced shaft fixed at around 85k miles and it's still ok at 126k miles. Good luck.

#20 ·
07 ML320 CDI, 243K Miles - paint still good.

Original Engine
Original Turbo
Transmission fluid changed @ ~110K; lots of metal shavings at that time
I do my oil changes roughly every 13K-15K. Mobile 1 ESP until it went off market 2 years ago, now Castrol EDGE 5W-40 SPT synthetic
3rd windshield (rock chips/crack)
Rebuilt Transmission ~220K (do have class III hitch and used some for towing) from Sun Valley in California for I'm thinking ~$3,000 with core returned
(rebuilt 7spd transmission is peppy and snappy - like new SUV again, did take them a while to finish a rebuild on one and ship - about a month).
Fuel pump went out at ~230K
And finally today it looks like the Alternator (Alternator regulator) went out on the way home tonight - on the battery tender/charger.