Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

$1500 for Service b (40000 miles) is reasonable?

54K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  LostInTime 
#1 ·
Hi guys

I owned ml350 2011.

Could someone help me to understand why the cost of service B (40000 miles)
is $1550.
when I visited Benz service center to drop off my car, she quoted me 1550$ and she said it is a major service and the next service is going to be just $225. I felt like she is cheating.

#2 ·
Seems high to me, but I do my own. An A service is oil change, add DEF, and tire rotate. Filter is $9 and I bought oil at NAPA at 5.99/qt when they had last sale.

B service adds fuel filter, cabin filter, air filters, drain and fill DEF, and flush brake fluid. Might be a diff and transaxle fluid change. Transmisson isn't until 60k miles. When I did the 40k I bought a filter kit from IDparts. Changing these air filters is a pain.

Also, have them change the turbo inlet seal and the PCV seal to the intake as well.

#3 ·
I would ask for break down. Transmission is in fact at 40K, along with cabin filters, tire rotation, fuel filter (if Diesel), flush brake fluid, Flush and Fill DEF (if diesel), a bunch of check this check that. Engine Air filter is not until 60K See this link for the maintenance manual for your vehicle

Download Your Car Maintenance Manual | Mercedes-Benz

#5 ·
Check with a good local independent MB service place. There have to be several in the Denver area. Ask other MB owners where they take theirs. Even if you decide to go with the dealer, you will get an idea of the extra $$ you are paying. My guess is an indie will approach half the dealer price.

#6 ·
the 40k B service at my dealer runs roughly $1000. this includes the B service, trans service, brake fluid flush.

b service includes -
oil and filter change
cabin filter
wiper blades all 3
tire check/rotation
brake check
topped off all fluids
I generally run a SDS quick test for any undetected faults that may appear and no warning light.
etc.

if you are diesel I could see the extra 500 due to fuel filter and DEF.

#7 ·
No.
Ask another dealer.
Ask an independent.
Reduce cost by doing some DIY.
I had B service done Mar 2013 which cost $449, transmission service was $419; I had 10% service discount from their website. Check their website for service specials.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.