Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Considering buying 2008 ML350 with 130K

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  1997E300D 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Considering buying 2008 ML350 with 130K, I read through some topics in forum.
Any particular problems I need to be aware of?

TIA!!!

#2 ·
It is very general question and very hard to answer. The car is 6 years old and any initial problem should be resolved.

If you have a chance, scan car with STAR diagnostic and you can get an idea about any hidden problem. As for general problem with this year, you can check front differential, airmatic struts ..

The Google (or this forum) is your best friend and start reading here

#4 ·
It really depends on how much and how reallly bad you want to own one. A 08 ML350 may differ so much from another 08 ML350. Its really a roll of a dice if you dont know vehicle inspection. All I can say is by now, it should have depreciated by as much as 75%.

#5 ·
I am approaching 130K with my 08 ML320.(purchased with 49K in Mar 2012) I cannot vouch for the gas engine in the ML350, but the rest of the vehicle has held up nicely. No rattles squeaks etc. However, I have had to replace the following under warranty: sunroof switch, drivers windows switch cluster, rear hatch lock assembly, rear spring cracked and getting replaced on Thursday. These items were replaced and not covered: front struts, transmission reflashed (driveability, could not replicate). Things I would check: Raise vehicle, check for leaks, check shocks/struts for leaks, make sure no shifting issues. Run through carwash, look for water intrusion in rear compartment behind tail lights. Check all switches for proper operation.

Just my .02

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.