Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

ML320 2006 Transmission problem

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  sltim500 
#1 ·
I reported a problem with the car being stuck in 1st gear back in March. Main dealer fitted a new Electrohydraulic controller unit and was told it will take about 100 miles for the memory to adjust and set itself. It was just the same after 100 miles and the workshop manager then said they normally take 400 to 500 miles to settle in. Well it didnt change at all. Still snatches between 1st and 2nd and a bit into 3rd. Runs on when pulling up at a junction needing extra brakes and drops into 1st badly. This auto gearbox was seemless before. They have now said that they have sent off the STAR info to Germany after having it in again and that the Germans have said it looks like the info was corrupted that they loaded onto the new part from my old unit! I do get the feeling i am being led up the garden path on this and would appreciate some genuine facts. £800 bill! With thanks, Tim.

#7 ·
sound to me the tech did not adapt the trans when he installed the new controller. even though you can remove the adapt info form the old and install it in the new one.

BUT like stated, find a diff shop. A simple fix (if everything was installed correctly) is to adapt the trans using sds.

#8 ·
Thank you! Do these things have memories that learn how you drive and if so how many miles should this take. Sounds like bullshit to me, but want to know the facts. Questioned why they are ok from new and told set up on rolling road to factory setting!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.