Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

06 Ml350 Door Lock/Latch Stuck

4K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  birjuh 
#1 ·
Hello, so I've searched the forums for door lock issues and there are lots of them with great info. Here's a summary of my problem, maybe someone can help me out:

Driver door won't un/lock when using keyfob. When using the keyfob to lock, I close the driver door, keep the driver's side passenger door open, hit lock, then manually have to push the driver door pin down to lock, and then close the driver's side passenger door. Kind of a process and have to reverse it to unlock the driver door.

From reading I can't tell if this is an actuator or spring issue. However, here's where I need your help - I was fiddling with the lock and moved the c-shaped black latch in the door down to see if it was a lubrication issue. Moved down just fine and clicked into the "locked position." But now it won't come out of the locked position meaning that the door will not shut at all now. OOPS. Emergency key doesn't work. There is a rubber cap covering a hole but doesn't look like there is anything in there that I can turn/twist or otherwise manipulate.

Does anyone know how to "unlock" the latch so I can at least shut the door and then drive to the shop to have the other issue looked at?

Help much appreciated!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.