Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Should I but this? 06 ML500?

4K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  klpper41 
#1 ·
I've been looking at an 06 mL500 with 70k on it, I've read the forum sticky here.
Mercedes-Benz Forum - Announcements in Forum : W164 M-Class

Which has me terrified, but this seems like such a great car. Are these troubles something that would have been addressed by now with the mileage of the car?

Here is a link to the car lot's web site.

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 For Sale In Shoreline WA - Seattle Motorsports

Any help would be appreciated. I'm a long time benz owner but am not familiar with the ML.

#2 ·
Since this announcement was posted on January 22, 2014 it is very recent in terms of the 164 class. With that in mind, and with the statement that these repairs are significant enough that usually only dealers are making them, you should be able to ask for the maintenance records. You should also ask the seller to produce the repair records where this work has been accomplished - otherwise build it in your budget. These aren't repairs that may happen, they are repairs that probably will happen. Or - find an '09 or later.

#8 ·
Those are the OEM 20" Mercedes wheels that were an option on the ml500's. I was concerned about the previous owners, until I actually tracked down the area they were all from. Looks like a Hollywood/Burbank car. The owner cut the check for 8600 for the tranny. Probably didn't cheap out on the rest. Front diff hasn't been replaced as of yet, but not too worried about that since they're cheaper then a tranny, and I don't mind dropping a few grand or so on that. I can get the car significantly cheaper then advertised since the lady that owns it I've known for many years. It's really tempting, but still kicking it around while I search for a newer model.

I do LOVE the suede inserts on the seats and the motor is super strong..

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
#15 ·
The guy I sold the rims to was not your "typical" Pacific NW person.
I had 5 rims (4 only with tires) and one of those rims was slightly bent due to an awful Fedex driver handling not from road damage. It had a tire on it when I sold the rims last summer. I gave Darius a 5 th rim in a box with the 4 mounted rims/ tires.

#23 ·
This is an infamous 06 ML!! with several owners to boot. I wouldn't touch this car, or not pay anything over around $14000. In 2 years this 20000K vehicle may very well cost you 27000K or more. Get the lower price or pass-you'll save yourself a lot of head aches-finanacial and otherwise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.