Auxillary battery replacement options? - Mercedes-Benz Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
 
nismodrifter's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2003
Vehicle: 2008 ML320 CDI
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Auxillary battery replacement options?

White battery light came up on my 2008 ML320 CDI. time to replace that aux battery. Wish it would have happened last month when I changed the main, could have done them both in one shot.

Does anyone on here know what size/generic substitute would be a replacement for the auxillary battery? A battery is a battery, I refuse to pay Mercedes prices for one.

any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

thank you!
nismodrifter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 04:24 AM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Nov 2007
Vehicle: current: 2008 ML320 CDI; past: 2007 R320 CDI/2005 E320 CDI
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 176
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismodrifter View Post
White battery light came up on my 2008 ML320 CDI. time to replace that aux battery. Wish it would have happened last month when I changed the main, could have done them both in one shot.

Does anyone on here know what size/generic substitute would be a replacement for the auxillary battery? A battery is a battery, I refuse to pay Mercedes prices for one.

any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

thank you!
I always replace battery in dealership - first of all, the replacement is not just take 2 screws and put in. Also, it is one time fee in 5 years or so ...

I was about to replace battery on previous car (R320) but when I consider searching for correct size, model, voltage, I decided to pay extra $150 and get it done ...
zemun1234 is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
 
nismodrifter's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2003
Vehicle: 2008 ML320 CDI
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zemun1234 View Post
I always replace battery in dealership - first of all, the replacement is not just take 2 screws and put in. Also, it is one time fee in 5 years or so ...

I was about to replace battery on previous car (R320) but when I consider searching for correct size, model, voltage, I decided to pay extra $150 and get it done ...
replacement takes approximately 20 minutes. paying $150 for that insane.

replaced mine for $22. went to a battery store and they had one of exact same size in stock, 12v 1.2ah sealed lead acid battery.

dealer wanted $103 for the battery alone.
nismodrifter is offline  
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 11:26 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Apr 2012
Vehicle: 2008 ML 350
Location: Bloomington, Indiana
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismodrifter View Post
replacement takes approximately 20 minutes. paying $150 for that insane.

replaced mine for $22. went to a battery store and they had one of exact same size in stock, 12v 1.2ah sealed lead acid battery.

dealer wanted $103 for the battery alone.
Where is the AUX battery located in an ML? I'm a newbie (2008 ML350, 39K miles). It is not obvious to me. I didn't even know it HAD an AUX battery.
inmowb is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 05:36 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
audimotion's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2009
Vehicle: 12 ML350 Bluetec pkg 2, 08 BMW 135i, 2012 F250 PS Diesel
Location: MN
Posts: 213
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
its located under the passanger seat. You do not need to remove the seat to get at or replace the battery. I replaced both main and aux. battery yesterday. Took about 1 hr total. Picked up a aux. battery from Batteries Plus for a cost of 22.00. There are some good diamgrams on this forum showing the location and step by step instruction for replacing the battery. Do a search for "battery". Best of luck.
audimotion is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
 
nismodrifter's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2003
Vehicle: 2008 ML320 CDI
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
nismodrifter is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-16-2015, 08:59 AM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Apr 2009
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just replaced my aux battery. The "aftermarket" part number is CA1212, or UB1213. The battery dimension is 4" x 2" x 2". Yes it is very tiny...

This is a replacement to OEM 000000004039 (part number from the battery)
samnt650 is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 08:24 AM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: Mercedez Benz ML350 Year 2009 W164
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
How come my carshop told me my Year 2009 facelift model doesn't have a aux battery is it true???
webermaster is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 08:33 AM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Apr 2009
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is that IndyShop or Dealer telling you this? I would say check with your Star Service Manual.. I will be surprise to hear if you dont have the aux.
samnt650 is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 07:18 PM
BenzWorld Extremist
 
N4HHE's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2012
Vehicle: 2009 ML320 Bluetec, 2013 Tesla Model S 85
Location: Madison, AL
Posts: 822
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by webermaster View Post
How come my carshop told me my Year 2009 facelift model doesn't have a aux battery is it true???
What is a "year 2009 facelift model"? Your info on this site says you own a 2003 ML350. That is a W163 and this is W164 forum.
N4HHE is offline  
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > W164 M-Class

Quick Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
Auxillary battery peretin W212 E-Class 9 12-10-2014 01:15 PM
Replace Auxillary Battery/ 2006 R350 Hookemhorns W251 R-Class 8 08-14-2012 06:30 PM
06 E320 CDI main and auxillary battery replacement drgibson24 W211 E-Class 11 11-11-2011 07:10 PM
Auxillary Battery - Pics 4themasses W251 R-Class 5 08-01-2011 10:20 PM
auxillary battery reyzbenz W211 E-Class 4 04-30-2010 01:24 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome