Clicking Brakes and Creaking Front Suspension - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 06:26 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 2008 ML350; 2001 SLK230 (traded in)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Clicking Brakes and Creaking Front Suspension

My troubles with this vehicle continue...some new, some recurring. I've had it all of 8 months now, bought as a CPO from the dealer. Original owner bought it at the same dealer and had it serviced at this dealer. All local.

1. The front left brake would click loudly (like a hammer hitting an anvil - metal on metal click) each time I touch the brake pedal. Dealer took it in, agreed there was a very loud click, and changed the front brakes for new ones (covered under warranty). They stated there was excessive movement of the brake pads. Problem solved......for about 4 months. Now it's back again.
2. Front suspension would make a creaking noise (like old hardwood floors in an old house) every time I pulled into a driveway or pulled in a parking space. Dealer heard this too and agreed it needed to be fixed. They had the vehicle for two full days. Fixed the problem completely......lasted 6 weeks, now it's back again.

Anyone experienced the above issues? Believe me, I have more, but let's focus on just the above for now.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Last edited by TheJimbo; 11-17-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 04:46 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2010
I can help with the creaking noise I have a 2010 ML350 and it was doing the same thing going in and out of the driveway. It was the upper an lower control arms. the were replaced and problem solved. (under warranty). hope this helps
#3 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 03:58 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2011
Vehicle: 2007 ML320 CDI
I had the squeeky creaking noise too. It was driving me insane. under the vehicle, where your right foot would be if you where sitting in the drivers seat, there is a mount point on the frame. I tightened it and sprayed it with WD 40 and it stopped. I looked and sprayed all over the upper and lower ball joints with no luck. if you drive at a slow walk pace and push the brake can you hear it squeaking ? hope this helps...
#4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 06:10 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 2008 ML350; 2001 SLK230 (traded in)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks guys. I had brought it in for this about six weeks ago. They had it for two days and declared it fixed. It was quiet as a mouse.....now it's back. I appreciate the advice on what to try, and I may wind up doing that (so thanks again) but first it goes right back for them to see how well their "fixing" has held up.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > W164 M-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.