Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2009 ml350 bluetooth phone system

8K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Deutsch100 
#1 · (Edited)
This is something weird about using bluetooth phone system...and I just noticed it inadvertantly, and wanted to hear from others more experienced with this vehicle model.

My wife was driving and was talking on phone using the bluetooth & in-car microphone/speaker. I was standing in the garage. She drove in and was parking in the garage, and I heard very clearly the other person on the phone from where I was standing. It was pretty loud. I could only see my wife's lips move but could not hear her, but I could clearly hear the other person on the phone!!! It was like ml350 was broadcasting your phone conversation to the world...I told my wife that I heard the conversation from outside and she couldn't believe it. Is this right?

If this is true for the others, then you better know that your conversation can be heard by those outside....has anyone experienced this OR is something wrong with our car.

thanks,

#2 ·
Wow, something is wrong. Are you sure, a window, or better yet, the sunroof was not open or ajar? If so, the sound could be amplified in the garage. The W164 does not, for sure, have an exterior speaker!!

I'm on my 2nd W164 (and our '08 G55, '08 S550 and '08 E350 all had factory bluetooth units, and also never had this problem)!!!

#4 ·
Same thing with my 2007 Ml350.... It can be embarrassing when having a conversation in a parking lot full of people. I have learned to turn down the volume while talking with the car parked. But you have to remember to turn it back up if not you will not be able to hear over the road noise while driving. You would have to use a lot of dynamat in the doors to stop this.

Ken

#5 · (Edited)
thanks Deutsch100 for your reply. definitely no open sunroof or window or door ajar.

would you try it on your ML, and report back? Sounds like another member kenkirk is having the same issue. I think most people would not realize this unless someone else tells them... I would not have known about this because I am usually in the car talking, but like I said I noticed this by accident when my wife was driving it...

if this is the case for ML, then perhaps this is a design flaw? or as kenkirk suggested, now that I am aware of the problem, I will just have to remember to turn down the volume when not driving & talking on the phone...But this seems like it shouldn't have come down to that....

#6 ·
Gwonny,

If the windows and sunroof are closed, then how does the sound come out, and how is it heard from the exterior of the car? The bluetooth phone systme utilizes stereo speakers...just tried something for you. I turned my radio up quite loud, while parked in our closed garage. All windows and sunroof closed...and you can barely hear the music.

I think something is wrong with your guys' ML :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.