Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

ML 320 Bluetec slow when cold

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Whosdis 
#1 ·
Does anyone find that their Bluetec seems real sluggish when cold? It seems to hesitate on acceleration when it is first started but gets better after warming up. So far there hasn't been a lot of cold weather so I am wondering if this will be really noticeable in sub zero weather.

#2 ·
While I do not have a Bluetec Mercedes Diesel, but I've had several older Mercedes Diesel cars (turbodiesel)....and in cold weather, near or at freezing), they were all sluggish when cold. Also, they shifted rougher and seemed "jerkier". Once they warmed up, and/or the ambient temperature rose, they were smooth and silky.

#3 · (Edited)
As with all vehicles , gas or diesel, they need to warm up to operating parameters to run properly.Your manual speaks to this and warns of damage if driven too hard when cold.On the plus side..the ML diesel warms up the fastest of any of the dozen or so diesels I have owned over the years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.