Do not even wear rubber, why?

3K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  V0v4ik 
#1 ·
All greetings!I have a ML500 W 164.
I installed the new Pirelli tires.
Wheel alignment done fig.1

After 15000 miles worn inside front tire,
but the alignment is normal Fig.2.

Why might this happen? Sorry for my English I'm from Ukraine.

See less See more
#2 ·
Certain types of tire wear may not be caused by alignment issues. It may also be caused by suspension wear issues. In this case, I suspect your bushings are worn. When the car is at rest with no outside forces, the car would read within spec, but when your actually driving, turning and braking, it would cause the suspension to sag and be out of spec most of the time. You might also want to check your struts/shocks. How many miles do you have on your ML?

#8 ·
Yup, your control arm bushings and ball joints. Also check your strut mounts and struts. And you might want to replace the springs. The struts themselves should be replaced, but if your not getting any tire cupping, then you might be able to hold off a bit for those.

#26 · (Edited)
I have never seen an all wheel drive SUV with different size tires on the front and back. The tire sizes you state are on the ml have different diameters/radius' not alot of difference but a differance none the less
Best way to check what tires are recommended is to look at the tire/rim information in the door jam, If you bought the vehicle used maybe a previous owner threw on a mis-matched set of tires just to sell it.

255/50/19= 29.04 in. diameter
285/45/19= 29.10 in. diameter
different tire manufacturers sizes may very

correction,
265/50/19= 29.43 in diameter
285/45/19= 29.10 in. diameter
and that is even worse then numbers above, and in my opinion way out of spec for an AWD vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.