Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Taking my ML320 BlueTec to England ?

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  geotag 
#1 ·
Just being relocated to europe from Florida - having recently bought an ML320 BluTec.
I really like the car and would like to ship it but before i do I would like to know if anyone can tell me how to get the sat nav to work in Europe and also the radio. Also, would they be able to service it there as I am told that they do not have any BlueTec vehicles yet. Are the parts for these US made cars available in Europe/England and do they have the same pars numbering for ordering spares.
Look forward to some help
Thanks

#2 ·
What's an ML320 BluTec?

Also, I'm sure you know this already but cars drive on the LEFT in the UK and the vast majority of cars have the steering wheel and controls on the RIGHT side of the vehicle.

Your US Spec truck with the steering wheel and controls on the LEFT will mean the usual driving manuevers you've become accustomed to, driving in the US, very difficult to replicate in the UK. ie Lots of blind spots etc.

Just a thought!

#5 ·
Witek M
Which forum should I have posted on'?
Youre right that it's a W164 with AdBlue injection. Sounds like you know it quite well. I think I will have to get the head unit changed for Europre re the sat nav and audio.
My concern is the service side. Will a UK Merc service center be able to service the car and availability of parts. Everything I read shows that the BlueTec is really well received in the US but in Europe and in particular, England, the higher fuel consumption means it will not be released there. I have spoken to a few UK Nerc dealres and they had never heard of BlueTec at all.
Your input is appreciated
Thx

#9 ·
I cant offer any advice on the navi system etc but one thing that comes to mind since you say its not a known vehicle there ...what do you do when you need your ''adblue '' tank refilled?? also I think a quick check with the motorvehicle branch in the UK to make sure you can actually import that vehicle and get it licensed

#12 ·
Service will be no problem over there. MB can provide parts and service for any car in any country. In the US they call them "Gray" market vehicles, over there well just another vehicle from another country.

I wouldn't worry about the "Wrong side drive" issue as it relates to the folks that can't drive on the RIGHT side of the road LOL

When you drive off the island to mainland Europe its nice to have a steering wheel on the CORRECT side the vehicle!

Adblue is easily obtained, service and parts are all identical to those sold over there.

DB

#13 ·
I'm a bit late posting but thought you might find the info useful......I imported my 06 ML350 bought in Texas to the UK. I shipped it at the end of 2007, from the container port in Aberdeen, Scotland I drove it straight to the local MB dealer. They gave it a B service, changed the headlights (400 UKpounds) and switched over the wiring for the fog light, they also reprogramed the display to read degrees C instead of F! That was it. It then goes for a DVLC inspection and it sailed through, ie, UK approved import. You then fill out the necessary registration paperwork and get your licence plates. After 2 weeks driving on the left with a left hand drive it stopped being weird........the audio all works fine, albeit I don't have satnav on mine. I even had my cd changer repaired under warranty 2 months ago although I'm not really quite sure they got that right :) Hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.