Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

what do you think of lorinser rs8 rims?

23K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  dragonrpc 
#1 · (Edited)

what do you think of these rims? they're 21" lorinsers. i plan on getting them soon, i like the brabus mono6 but they are only in 20 and 22....the 21s are forged and way out of budget. amgs are common, and carlssons arent so unique with eleven spokes.

these lorsinsers are 21x10 with 295 tires. i also plan to put ml63 fender flares to go with rims.

suggestions?

oh btw, the pic shows dark grey rims, i have the 2 options, silver or dark grey....what would be best for Alpine Rain???? light or dark wheels?

See less See more
#2 ·
IMO, I think the lorinser is a good pick. So many AMGs on the road.
For Alpine Rain, I will go with the silver; the ML body colour should be the main attraction unless you want the wheels to stand-out, then go with the dark gray...:)

#6 ·
I think the rims look great! I personally would choose the silver rims, as they would stand out more and show that they are not the standard factory rims. I really like that they look sophisticated yet elegant at the same time.

Best of driving with whatever rims you choose! :)

#7 · (Edited)

hmmm...i dont plan on lowering my ML, ill just add the ML63 fender flares on stock non-amg bumpers. 22" seem too low profile for an suv, i still have to drive my ML over gravel roads once in a while.

my only concern is what to color the flares, should i leave them black or color coordinate them alpine rain? the stock bumpers still have the black plastic at the bottom. i currently have the running boards.

#8 ·
... i currently have the running boards.
will you be removing the running boards? I may be interested.:confused:

BTW, I thought that was not your car in the picture; you're just showing how a lorinser will look. Yours is Alpine rain, right? If that's the case, my opinion in my previous post stays..:)

#10 ·
DO NOT BUY LORINSER RS8 WHEELS

Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you purchase any wheel from Lorinser, ESPECIALLY the RS8.

I am on my second set of Lorinser RS8s... The first set (20") were on my 2002 CL55. THREE of the four wheels developed cracks and one wheel was repaired twice before I threw in the towel.

I had purchased that first set 2nd hand from a local wheel shop and since I LOVE how they look, I took a chance and bought a 2nd set (21") this time brand new for my 2008 S550.

Here we are, three months down the road and BOTH of the front wheels developed cracks.

There must be a horrible design flaw with these wheels. I am going to be writing to Lorinser to see if there is anything they will be willing to do for me but I will NEVER purchase another product from them.

It is worth mentioning that I drive extremely carefully and avoid ruts and potholes like the plague.

I don't know why these wheels are so brittle and fragile but I feel completely ripped off and very angry.

#11 ·
Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you purchase any wheel from Lorinser, ESPECIALLY the RS8.

I am on my second set of Lorinser RS8s... The first set (20") were on my 2002 CL55. THREE of the four wheels developed cracks and one wheel was repaired twice before I threw in the towel.

I had purchased that first set 2nd hand from a local wheel shop and since I LOVE how they look, I took a chance and bought a 2nd set (21") this time brand new for my 2008 S550.

Here we are, three months down the road and BOTH of the front wheels developed cracks.

There must be a horrible design flaw with these wheels. I am going to be writing to Lorinser to see if there is anything they will be willing to do for me but I will NEVER purchase another product from them.

It is worth mentioning that I drive extremely carefully and avoid ruts and potholes like the plague.

I don't know why these wheels are so brittle and fragile but I feel completely ripped off and very angry.
Funny, because my first thought when I saw the OP's pic was that the wheels are nice but look kind of fragile. When buying aftermarket wheels for a heavy vehicle like the ML, you have to make sure they are strong enough.

#13 ·
oh, thats something i should be concerned of. im supposed to buy my rims direct from lorinser themselves as there is no local dealer for the Philippines. hmmm...arent all these aftermarket and oem rims mostly made by Ronal??? my oem rims before were made by ronal, so did my carlsson rims.

the lorinser rs8 21" being offered to me are the exact wheels for an ML, including the necessary hardware and spacers(for my flares), and the tires will come in an XL (extra load) rating.....

makes me think twice now, and might settle for 09 ML63 rims in 21"....tsktsk

#15 ·
makes me think twice now, and might settle for 09 ML63 rims in 21"....tsktsk
IMO that is a smart idea, or as others mentioned look at higher end quality as in Brabus or like mine - HRE's unfortunatly they're not cheap in any aspect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.