Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

ML 550 airmatic vs non airmatic

7K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Mamba003 
#1 ·
do the trucks sit at the same height to start?

#2 ·
No they don't. The non-Airmatic ones sit quite a bit higher (visually especially). And of course, setting the Airmatic to Sport mode lowers the truck even a bit more so.

The visual differences alone were enough to make me cough up the extra investment for the Airmatic system. :)

#5 ·
In Canada, it's $2,500 and available as option for the 2008 ML320 CDI 4M and ML 350 4M. Comes standard in ML63 and part of the Prem Pkg ($4,500) for ML 550

#6 ·
mind u the 2009 ML's are out currently so the 08 ML550 is no longer available, and i was planning on getting an ML550 instead of my GL afterr my ML500's lease was up, but if u want a 2008 ML550 there are none made on the market that are still available with Airmatic.

#7 ·
Here's the first '09 ML550 (non-Airmatic) that I've seen on Ebay. Note the wheel gaps and how the rear gap in particular is bigger. I didn't find that very attractive, even though the pitched forward look is also on the Airmatic MLs, but to a much lesser degree. I had that adjusted down on mine ;)

#8 ·
Agreed, the look of the airmatic looks better with slightly lower ride height. But I must remind the OP do a search on airmatic problems and (lack of) reliability with this system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.