Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Bluetooth kit and Blackberry

36K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Chenatl 
#1 ·
All

Another question regarding my new ML 320 CDI that has just arrived at the dealers.

I was wondering if anybody had experience with hooking a blackberry up with the optional bluetooth kit.

The dealer informed my that any mobile to be connected needs Bluetooth SAP, which my Blackberry Pearl doesn't have I assume.

I read somewhere that the consequence of not having SAP means that you can't have acces to you phonebook but it would still allow you to make calls and receive calls.

My dealer however tells me that it is even impossible to connect the Blackberry to the bluetooth kit. The blackberry is shown, identified by the bluetooth kit but it then is impossible to pair.

What is your experience with the issue ?

Many thanks

Ilpaco

See less See more
#3 ·
Ilpaco said:
All

Another question regarding my new ML 320 CDI that has just arrived at the dealers.

I was wondering if anybody had experience with hooking a blackberry up with the optional bluetooth kit.

The dealer informed my that any mobile to be connected needs Bluetooth SAP, which my Blackberry Pearl doesn't have I assume.

I read somewhere that the consequence of not having SAP means that you can't have acces to you phonebook but it would still allow you to make calls and receive calls.

My dealer however tells me that it is even impossible to connect the Blackberry to the bluetooth kit. The blackberry is shown, identified by the bluetooth kit but it then is impossible to pair.

What is your experience with the issue ?

Many thanks

Ilpaco
Your phone/blackberry will only work with the brand new adaptor.

The SAP (MHI adpator in Mercedes speak) will not allow you to connect let alone make calls - make sure you get the new adaptor.

#5 ·
Gents

Picked up my new car from the dealer on Thursday afternoon. Extremely happy with it so far (after 850km).

I have the new Bluetooth kit installed (the new one, not the SAP one) and it works brilliantly. I paired my Blackberry Pearl withing seconds and quality of the connection is very good.

Everytime I step in my car, my pearl asks me if I want to connect to the MB bluetooth connection, and I just have to push ok and done.

For all the blackberry users out there, I can strongly recomment this kit. Never had such a userfriendly phonekit in the car.

Ilpaco

#6 ·
Ilpaco said:
Gents

Picked up my new car from the dealer on Thursday afternoon. Extremely happy with it so far (after 850km).

I have the new Bluetooth kit installed (the new one, not the SAP one) and it works brilliantly. I paired my Blackberry Pearl withing seconds and quality of the connection is very good.

Everytime I step in my car, my pearl asks me if I want to connect to the MB bluetooth connection, and I just have to push ok and done.

For all the blackberry users out there, I can strongly recomment this kit. Never had such a userfriendly phonekit in the car.

Ilpaco
Hi

Read your post regarding the bluetooth kit and the pearl working well for you. i have a 2007 E350 with the new bluetooth adapter and I can get the phone paired, send and receive calls, but have not been able to get the phonebook loaded into COMAND. Is your pearl/bluetooth set up working with the phone book as well? If so, was there anything special you did to make it load the address book?
Thanks,
John

#7 ·
Hi

My bluetooth adapter is working just fine with the pearl, including the uploading of phonebook data.
There is one limitation and that is that the size of the data he can upload is limited. I have both my personal contacts and all my business relationships in the blackberry (more than 800 entries) and it can only upload a small amount of them, so I will have to clean up my BB database a bit.

But it still works brilliantly.

Rgds

Ilpaco

#8 ·
Thanks Ilpaco
Did the phonebook start working for you with the pearl the first time you synced to the bluetooth puck or did you have to change any settings on the Pearl? Mine still isnt working and the dealership does not know why either. Please let me know if you had to make any setting changes or anything unusual to get the phone book on the pearl to work with the bluetooth.
Thanks,

John

#11 ·
jgriffter said:
Thanks Ilpaco
Did the phonebook start working for you with the pearl the first time you synced to the bluetooth puck or did you have to change any settings on the Pearl? Mine still isnt working and the dealership does not know why either. Please let me know if you had to make any setting changes or anything unusual to get the phone book on the pearl to work with the bluetooth.
Thanks,

John
I have a Blackberry 8800 which is similar to Pearl. I was able to connect via BT with a Cradle adaptor. My phonebook was not transferred either. In my BB, under the device property, there is an option to transfer address book. When I tried it, it went into "looking for device". Do you know if should put the Cradle adaptor to the Discovery mode in order for it to work?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.