1. NO, all fuel stations DO NOT have ULSD! Most of them actually don't know what they have; some have ULSD, but pumps have NOT been re-placarded and still say LSD. Most PILOT stations have ULSD in the South. ULSD is not priced higher/lower than D2 or LSD.
When I picked up my CDI ML in OCT, it was next to impossible to find ULSD......
2. Every model year sees changes, 2008 will be no different with the ML, however, MBUSA says there are no big changes, other than BLUETEC. If you keep waiting for the newest thing, you'll always be waiting.......
3. Bi-X lights are in the P02 accessory package. Get with your MBZ sales person to spec out what you want. My 2007 with AMG, P02, Hitch, Wood Steering, CD Changer, etc was $59,875.....get what you want, don't regret being cheap!
4. I've owned over 15 MBZ's over the last 20yrs, this is the best one!!
Originally Posted by digimark
Hi everyone. I'm in the planning/financing stages of purchasing a new M-Class now that my beloved 1999 ML320 has been gone since March. For reasons of money, MPG and environment I'm looking at the new diesel option, and particularly the coming Bluetec model for 2008. So here's my questions:
1. Are we expecting the 2008 models to be substantially similar to the current 2007 M-Class, apart from the usual year-to-year tweaks? Or will the 2008 be a new generation?
2. Is there a list online somewhere of all the gas stations that offer ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel? Is this generally a worry, to determine the difference between regular diesel and ULSD at the pump? What happens if you put the wrong stuff in? (I'm in Maryland between DC and Annapolis.)
3. Will the 2008 models generally make their appearance in October 2007?
4. Besides the Bluetec, have there been any other juicy rumors about changes to the 2008 M-Class?
5. And this isn't 2008-specific, but to save money I'm probably looking at getting a base model ML320CDI. I'd like to order it with the Bi-Xenon lights and the trailer hitch, but it's not clear to me from the MBUSA website whether the lighting package requires another package. Yes, I know I could ask the dealership, but if, in reading through this, you should know the answer... 8-)
If there's anything else I should know about waiting and putting in an order for a Bluetec M-Class, please let me know and thanks. -Gary