Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Picture Thread

4K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  endodoc 
#1 ·
Since almost every other forum has one, I thought it would be something else to go ahead and post 'em if ya got 'em. I have two simple requests:

a) post nothing that's copyrighted (i.e., no pictures that can be found on the MBUSA/MB international website, or the MB International press release pictures).

b) post a pic of either your ML or a really cool W164 ML that none of us has seen before. [:D] [^]

Here's one I think you all haven't seen.

See less See more
#2 ·
Here's one of a W164 towing a 60 ton A319 Airbus. [:D]

The factory-fitted package of measures will in future include the new Mercedes-Benz Trailer Stability Assist (TSA). This is an extra function incorporated into the ESP Electronic Stability Program that is designed to offer drivers even greater safety when towing a trailer. TSA is capable of detecting the dreaded fishtailing motion swiftly and nipping it in the bud effectively. To do this, it uses the ESP program's own sensory system and initiates precision brake applications at the front left and right wheels individually and alternately to stabilise the car/trailer outfit. TSA will make its debut in the W 221-series Mercedes-Benz S Class, after which it will be made available for further model series successively. It is due to be added to the specification of the M-Class from late August 2005. It was first introduced in 2001 on the BMW X5, supplied by Bosch.

#4 ·
BrentG500 - 8/20/2005 5:34 PM

Since almost every other forum has one, I thought it would be something else to go ahead and post 'em if ya got 'em. I have two simple requests:

a) post nothing that's copyrighted (i.e., no pictures that can be found on the MBUSA/MB international website, or the MB International press release pictures).

b) post a pic of either your ML or a really cool W164 ML that none of us has seen before. [:D] [^]

Here's one I think you all haven't seen.

Isn't this a photo sim? Look at the passenger side front tires. The profile doesn't match the driver side. Just an observation.

Your text here

#9 ·
BrentG500 - 8/22/2005 9:36 AM

go to www.orc.de. Click Car Accessories and then select the W164 from the drop down menu.

This is a real picture taken by a German company.

Cheers!
The front "bull bar" is plastic! How tacky. Not only that, but somehow a rugged bar like that does not go with 22" wheels, in my opinion. They're at cross purposes.

#12 ·
BrentG500 - 8/22/2005 12:36 PM

go to www.orc.de. Click Car Accessories and then select the W164 from the drop down menu.

This is a real picture taken by a German company.

Cheers!
Sorry Brent... I have done tons of photoshops in my time, and this is a poor example of one for sure. You can tell by the rear wheels lighting and angle as well as the fact the front right wheel doesnt match the angle of the left front wheel. [^]

#15 ·
Merczilla - 8/24/2005 6:37 PM

What is your take on the AR in person? The car next to it looks like Pewter to me. Either way, I'll probably stick with Pewter, but never completely close the door, not yet. [:)]
I think it's a little too glossy of a light blue. Under certain lighting, it looks a bit pinkish; but, for the most part, it bears more resemblance to silver.

The car next to it was a desert silver (golden) color. [xx(] [:D]

I think pewter is a nicer, more solid color. It's not dark enough to be black, but it will never be confused with anything other than the color it is. Black and White also look very nice on the ML. The Capri Blue is lovely as well, but can easily be mistaken for black from far away. Silver looks good, but it's a bit boring and kind of plain. [:)] JMHO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.