Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Break Pads &Break Dust

3K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Fast Robert 
#1 ·
I'm gonna buy some front & rear pads, anybody know what brand of pads give off the least amount of break dust? or should I get regular pads and buy breakdust covers(covers might ruin the look of my rims)?

#3 ·
Get the Porterfields from FMM.... period..........No Dust:)

#5 ·
Re; anal a-holes

Isn't that a pleonasm? You losing your wits Chucky.

I believe I posted the answer to that one too. Leave the truck in the garage (saves a lot on gas too if you don't start the engine)

#7 ·
No dust on Porterfields from FMM? I should show you pictures of my wheels.

Although I ...

No dust on Porterfields from FMM? I should show you pictures of my wheels.

Although I find the wheel design makes a difference, I still get a LOT of dust. Not nearly as bad as OEM, but so much that I am amazed that they can be advertised as "no dust" ... which I think is why most places list Porterfields as "less dust than OEM".

Alex, just curious... how long can you go before dust shows up, or does it never show up? Thanks!

-s-

#9 ·
That's odd. Since my car...........

really does not get very dirty in this area and therefore I don't wash it unless it really needs it. So the rims don't get cleaned very often.

I don't drive that much, but there is decent stop and go traffic, however, to answer your question, I don't wash the wheels (and you can't tell) until I wash the car, so I'd say once a month.

#12 ·
Dust covers

While a lot of people use covers, the risk is warped rotors from heat buildup.

#14 ·
That's odd. The ML would not start, so I figured that since I had renewed TeleAid...

I'd use the feature.

Apparently, they too were under the impression that the ML needed gas to function.

I called my friend Juri (from Benzworld.org) and he said that while the ML500 is not as economical as the ML55, I should still have some gas left from the original delivery to drive another few thousand miles.

My guess is a faulty gas pump or indicator, anyone ever had that problem, (I STFA'd but came up empty)
Oh well, I'll have it towed to the dealer (I did purchase the extended warranty for such cases...)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.