Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

finally sold my lemon ML430

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  C-Rod 
#1 ·
this car was nice to look at, and handled well. the drivetrain was also a joy...however...

week 2 after purchase, no power windows.
then GPS/stereo failed - replaced twice.
car was taken back 5 (FIVE!!) times to have horn fixed as it would blare continuously (intermittently) as i was driving down the highway
sunroof cartridge replaced due to fallen out seal
power door locks inoperative

and....the piece de resistance...

the POWER STEERING FAILED when fortunately I (not my wife) was driving the car. practically zero steering. almost totalled the car. and ITS A KNOWN DEFECT.

anyway, bought a Toyota Sequoia - no doubt this car will be a more reliable vehicle.

best of luck to all the ML owners out there. hopefully your experience will be more positive than mine.

#4 ·
this car was nice to look at, and handled well. the drivetrain was also a joy...however...

week 2 after purchase, no power windows.
then GPS/stereo failed - replaced twice.
car was taken back 5 (FIVE!!) times to have horn fixed as it would blare continuously (intermittently) as i was driving down the highway
sunroof cartridge replaced due to fallen out seal
power door locks inoperative

and....the piece de resistance...

the POWER STEERING FAILED when fortunately I (not my wife) was driving the car. practically zero steering. almost totalled the car. and ITS A KNOWN DEFECT.

anyway, bought a Toyota Sequoia - no doubt this car will be a more reliable vehicle.

best of luck to all the ML owners out there. hopefully your experience will be more positive than mine.
l'm sorry about your Mercedes experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lt's awful to think, such a expensive vehicle would have so many problems....l've had my fair share of problems, but to my dealership's credit, they have always been able to resolve my issue's....Best of luck with your Sequoia....l work for Toyota...You have purchased a fine SUV...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.