Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Dear MBUSA: Why do I have to...

683 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  kenyee 
#1 ·
...fill out all the (*) required info below whenever I want to send an email to MBUSA customer service even though I <i>already provided</i> this info when I created my "Owners Online" account AND logged in "Owners Online" on mbusa.com website?

IMO, it is frustrating and annoying besides the fact that it is redundant. Here's a suggestion (and I'd love to hear what others suggestion as well): Why not create another customer service email account that "Owners Online" members can send email to once the member is logged in?

<a href="http://www.mbusa.com/servlet/Cacmail" target="_blank">CLICK HERE</a> to view a sample of the form to fill-out when sending an email to MB customer service.

#2 ·
Great idea, and while they are at it....

emai you a copy of what you sent them so that you can manage your email in one place...and allow you to reply to their email without going to the website. With a little help from their IT guys it shouldn't be too hard unless they use Lotus Notes (a self applied IQ test - if you have Notes you are a moron (moe rawn))

[:(!]

#3 ·
uhhh....MS using companies like suffering and wasting money :)

Lotus Notes provides a RAD environment that lets developers create easily distributable/updateable apps in days where it wouuld take months w/ MS tools. I've worked on Notes dev/admin for a few years and done dev on IIS/SQL and J2EE web apps for a few years as well. Most companies can get most of their apps done in Notes for far less cost and faster than equivalent apps using "standard" technologies. Pity most people don't realize this.

Then there are the security holes in MS stuff that get you paged in on weekends to fix the messes left behind in an attack (SQL Slammer anyone? :)

And we won't even include the MS IIS/ASP holes that leaked out info on next year's M-Class model at one point because their search engine didn't understand security. Contrast this to Notes where security of your data is part of the entire infrastructure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.