Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Suzuki Vitara decides to meet door of my M

671 views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  Steve (Austria) 
#1 ·
I will post some pics when I get home tonight. Basically my wife was unloading groceries, when a gramma in a Vitara practically takes our drivers rear door with her as she drives by! Luckily noone was hurt, even though my wife was between the door and the car. The door is totalled, and the front door needs to be checked and at least painted. If everything goes well I could get it back by Friday.

Such a hassle. The door cant be closed, and therefore we had it towed on a flatbed with a lift. My wife says the alarm kept going off, because she didn't know how to deactivate the anti-tow setting.

On the positive side, I am having them fix all of the small things that need to be done, like my D-Pillar covering, broken cupholder, loose door covering, new lug nuts and new rear ashtray. I'll keep you posted.

#2 ·
Here are the pics

Firstly, please no comments about how filthy my baby is, it's just that I didn't have time to wash her since coming back from our last ski trip.

You will notice on the pics, that the rear edge has been pulled out at the height of the handle, and that the front edge has buckled and lost paint wear it is making contact with the front door. Luckily the door did not spring back at all after being hit. I am sure this is yet another MB safety feature that nobody is aware of, but takes for granted!

[:)]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.