Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

suspension kit, HELP!!!

697 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Fast Robert 
#1 ·
I know I posted this before, but I want to get this kit.
I know the Bilstein shocks, but I need part and model #'. The red springs are Eibach, and I need part and model #'s. Then the other parts, the blue things and chrome rings, I have no idea what they are.
Any help where to look or buy this item will be really appreciate it. Don't send me to Wolfgang's page because I got the info from there, and I contacted the company in Germany, and they told me the shocks where not available anymore, which I doubt it.
Therefore, if you guys know something, LKM.
I thing GreenMl has this kit, but he got it from the german company.
I could also substitute the Bilstein shocks with Fox Racing shocks, but again, I need specs, like shock length, shaft diameter, wheel traveling, etc. Anybody who can help me, give me a hand, I want to get my truck ready for DV, and I want to be really safe.
Thank you all!![:)][:D][8D]

See less See more
#2 ·
The chrome rings go onto the rear shocks (set on the right in the first image you posted) ...

The chrome rings go onto the rear shocks (set on the right in the first image you posted) and are the lower perch for the coils. You will have to dissassemble the current fitment in order to retain the upper shock mount/perch hardware.

The blue things are sleeves for the shocks. Each protects the shock body from ingesting dirt, road grime, etc.

OBTW the black rubber 'bumpstops' that come with Bilstein shocks are GARBAGE! re-use your OEM bumpstops. You'll have them apart and accessible anyway...

The fronts are super easy to change. The rears however make up for the ease in the front tenfold.

Just for clarification purposes, are you trying to lift or lower your ML?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.