Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

I am now part of the xenon club!!

1K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  William Monte 
#1 ·
well the xenons Finally came and are installed!!! Installation went fairly smoothly, had to figure out how to aim them as they were both far down compared to the old lights (i marked the spots on the wall where the old lights were leveled to)... Anyway here are the pics!

this part broke during shipping, i dont think it really matters though... anyone care to comment?

here are the $50 adapters (waste of money IMO) oh well.

here are some pics after i aimed the lights to approx. what the old lights were aimed to, still taking it to the dealer...
so bright!

here are the lights against the wall, seem to be aligned ok.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
no they do not have the built in fog feature... i do have fog lights on the brush guards...

no they do not have the built in fog feature... i do have fog lights on the brush guards though. I added more pics btw.
here is a pic closer to the wall...

#5 ·
welcome to the club Ali...

and cogratulations. Are you sure you still want to take to the dealer, its look OK to me, but hey if the alignment is free. why not[:)][:D][:D][;)]

#6 ·
ya i am taking it into the dealer monday (u just reminded me). The warranty ends tuesda...

ya i am taking it into the dealer monday (u just reminded me). The warranty ends tuesday :-(.

Here is their to do list...
-Aim lights and fog lights
-Install ordered front fans
-look over front suspension and sway bar links
-HVAC fan whistles at speed 3 and 4.

#8 ·
took me about 45 minutes. Had trouble getting the first light out but then i figured it...

took me about 45 minutes. Had trouble getting the first light out but then i figured it out. Then on putting the new lights in I had trouble lining them up. BTW did you guys cover the 3rd connector with anything? I think its for the autoleveling. Also put in the 15A fuses for the low beams.

#10 ·
because I could have easily just moved the pins in the plug on the car, the adapter seem...

because I could have easily just moved the pins in the plug on the car, the adapter seems very simplistic.

#11 ·
Yes, I cover the extra socket with electrical tape;-)

#12 ·
awww man! i hope i dont have to take the lights out again![:(]...

awww man! i hope i dont have to take the lights out again![:(]

#14 ·
Im still waiting for what drew has to say about that broken piece on my headlight [:)]. ...

Im still waiting for what drew has to say about that broken piece on my headlight [:)]. I think i can reach behind there and cover it up without taking the light out.

#15 ·
well the xenons Finally came and are installed!!! Installation went fairly smoothly, had to figure out how to aim them as they were both far down compared to the old lights (i marked the spots on the wall where the old lights were leveled to)... Anyway here are the pics!

this part broke during shipping, i dont think it really matters though... anyone care to comment?

here are the $50 adapters (waste of money IMO) oh well.

here are some pics after i aimed the lights to approx. what the old lights were aimed to, still taking it to the dealer...
so bright!

here are the lights against the wall, seem to be aligned ok.

could you tell me exactly how you aimed them. I took to my dealer to adjust and one was still aiming up higher than the other. I want them LEVEL! I see two white type screws to adjust, which one does what.. . I have turned them and now one is still brighter than teh other...I want them both to go down...no matter how much i turn its still the same!!!

#16 ·
CC, which side is aiming high?

u know the inside adjustment screw is for up and down, counter clockwise turn is going down and clockwise is going up.

and the the adjustment screw outside is for horizontal aiming left or right. I adjust mine by my self and it turn out pretty goody good.

try it again.
[:D][;)]

#17 ·
Re: CC, which side is aiming high?

u know the inside adjustment screw is for up and down, counter clockwise turn is going down and clockwise is going up.

and the the adjustment screw outside is for horizontal aiming left or right. I adjust mine by my self and it turn out pretty goody good.

try it again.
[:D][;)]
Ok, the white screw closest to the fender is left to right...but the one I NEED to be turning is the one towards radiator, i swear ive turned that thing 500 times

#18 ·
nope the white knob close to the fender is what aims it up and down, at least on my head...

nope the white knob close to the fender is what aims it up and down, at least on my headlights.

#19 ·
Ali, yours is diffirent to CC, his is Bi-xenon..

CC, if you are doing that....the mechanism inside could be loose or disconnected, like Bill Monte's Bi-X. If I was you, I will contact PP and ask for replacement.[:(][:(] DO you have a picture, How high?
or for the mean time can you adjust the entire light housing? even a bit?[:(][:(]

#20 ·
CC, that is what happened to mine...........

you can turn and turn and nothing. I had to take it into the dealer. They found that the horizontal adjustment was not connected. Sounds like the samething for you. I was lighting up the tree tops for a couple of days.
[8D]

#22 ·
Al, take some full frontal...........

shots so we can see how the lights differ from the halogens. How come the install took so long? Should only be 20 minutes max to remove and replace.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.