Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Euro Comand

995 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  dwang 
#1 ·
Finally have had some tme to post the pics of the Euro Comand/PS2/headrest monitor in my ML...

Before....

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Re: Re: After...

Look good Dave, can't wait for my...

Can you tell me more on your hook up, what else do I need beside the RGB adapter/cable.
TIA

Tony[:)]
The PS2 video output is only hooked up to the 2 rear headrest monitors. I didn't see a reason to have the PS2 or DVD playing on the Comand, hence no TV tuner (RGB cable). Plus, I don't think the video output is all that great on th Comand. I do however have the audio output from the PS2 into the Comand aux input. This was accomplished by an aux cable that hooks up to the comand. You can basically plug any type of audio source into the aux (MP3, tape, etc), I just chose to use the PS2. This allows passengers to hear whatever is playing on the PS2 on the speakers.

The PS2 needs a 110V AC power source so I used a 600W power inverter for its power (2 AC outlets). I used the back 12V outlet for power. The monitors also need power. They have a constant power lead, an ignition power lead, and a ground lead. Steve and I rerouted the wires for both monitors from headrest to behind the seat to under the carpet (following the existing wiring harnesses), to the door sill cable gutters (very tight fit cause we did not remove the OEM cables after installing the fiber optic cables for the CD changer), to the front passenger footwell (kick panel) fuse box. We then used MB OEM fuse connector in 2 unused fuse slots for the power (5 amp and 7.5 amp fuses). No exposed wires or taps whatsoever. As close to OEM as one can expect. All in all, it took some doing because I did not have the proper tools to remove some of the bolts for the seats and the seat belt bolts (size 50 torx screws!!!). Plus, there were a total of 7 bolt for the passenger side rear seat, we searched for over a 1/2 hour to find all of them...

Dave

#8 ·
Re: Re: PS2, under the rear seat in a bracket...

PS2, under the rear seat in a bracket
Like most ML owners, I kinda need the back seats to fold flat, though...

-s-
You might be able to squeeze it under the front passengers seat.

Or you could get the storage box that goes over the left rear wheelwell and put it in there.

Or build a roof mounted bracket to hang it from the roof.

Or buy a Pilot and stick it in the front console[xx(] I don't know what they were thinking when they designed that console. They can't be serious about comparing the Pilot with the ML. Maybe the ML Classic.

Many options come to mind.

#9 ·
Re: Re: Re: PS2, under the rear seat in a bracket...

You might be able to squeeze it under the front passengers seat.

Or you could get the storage box that goes over the left rear wheelwell and put it in there.

Or build a roof mounted bracket to hang it from the roof.

Or buy a Pilot and stick it in the front console[xx(] I don't know what they were thinking when they designed that console. They can't be serious about comparing the Pilot with the ML. Maybe the ML Classic.

Many options come to mind.
Mine's under the driver seat. I thought the back seat passengers might want to access it to change game CDs or DVDs. You know, since they're the ones watching or playing.

-s-

#10 ·
Re: Re: PS2, under the rear seat in a bracket...

PS2, under the rear seat in a bracket
Like most ML owners, I kinda need the back seats to fold flat, though...

-s-
Scorchie,
I understand what you are saying... It was a compromise for me. The back seat still folds down and moves forward just fine without crushing the PS2, it just doesn't go completely flat. I only lose minimal amounts of luggage space. That particular rear seat section is where the child seat resides anyway, so 90% of the time, it's in its upright position. When I travel long distances in the ML, it's always at least in 3's, so that seat is always occupied. I have no problems going on a ski trip for 4, and lugging all the equipment along (even without a ski rack)...

The PS2 is very accessible for rear passengers... If I'm driving, I can't use it anyway.

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.