Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

WHat bulbs?

2K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  BOY-6 
#1 ·
Do you guys know what bulbs should i used to get that HID look headlights. coz tabo installed my updated Halogen unit and i'm thinking of changing the bulb to white or someting similar??

#2 ·
I suggest using Philips Vision Plus bulbs. These are the whitest, brightest halogens bulb...

I suggest using Philips Vision Plus bulbs. These are the whitest, brightest halogens bulbs you can purchase.

Or if you want more blue to your lights, get Philips Blue Vision.

You can get them in the UK at www.powerbulbs.com

or in the Lower Mainland at www.pgperformance.com

#3 ·
bora thx a lot man,how much does it cost for the plus bulbs?? and how long do they last?...

bora thx a lot man,how much does it cost for the plus bulbs?? and how long do they last? coz i heard does white bubls only last around half a year or soemtimes not even. do ihave to change any wires to support the high voltare rate?

#4 ·
Re: bora thx a lot man,how much does it cost for the plus bulbs?? and how long do they last?

bora thx a lot man,how much does it cost for the plus bulbs?? and how long do they last? coz i heard does white bubls only last around half a year or soemtimes not even. do ihave to change any wires to support the high voltare rate?
The bulbs are the stock wattage, 55w, depending on the bulbs you require.

They will last a long time. I have been running a set I had for over 2 years now.

These are not cheap bulbs are great. You need H7 I think? H7 are $75 CAD for the pair (they are only sold in pairs).

I also suggest the Osram Allweather bulbs for the foglights.

#5 ·
Here:

http://www.pgperformance.com/bulbs.htm

PG PERFORMANCE

10845-148th Street

Here:

http://www.pgperformance.com/bulbs.htm

PG PERFORMANCE

10845-148th Street
Surrey, BC
CANADA
V3R 3Y2

General Inquiries: 604-585-8558
Toll Free Ordering Line: 1-888-806-7978
24 Hour Fax Line: 604-585-2166

#6 ·
so installing them are pretty straight forward rite bora? just changed my halogen bulbs ...

so installing them are pretty straight forward rite bora? just changed my halogen bulbs and plugged the H7 bulds?? so i dont have to change any wires or any plugs so that i could used the H7 bulbs?

#7 ·
Re: so installing them are pretty straight forward rite bora? just changed my halogen bulbs

so installing them are pretty straight forward rite bora? just changed my halogen bulbs and plugged the H7 bulds?? so i dont have to change any wires or any plugs so that i could used the H7 bulbs?
nope.. all u needa do is pop up da hood, take out the black plastic covers for da headlights, get rid of the old bulbs, and replace it with the new ones.

#8 ·
Re: so installing them are pretty straight forward rite bora? just changed my halogen bulbs

i could used the H7 bulbs?
I am not sure if they are H7 bulbs BOY-6, just make sure you replace them with whatever is in there.

Also, PG Performance has a Hella euro spec headlight alignment tool. I suggest getting them to align the headlights also. It will only take a few minutes and they will be perfect.

#11 ·
Take some good advice

Drew is the fiorum lighting guru.

He warned me awhile ago. The Osram (sylvania) Silver Stars are the best choice for replacement. I bought mine, as recomended, from powerbulbs.com. They haven't arrived yet, but I purchased a set of 4 MTEC's 2 weeks ago and 1 blew in 15 minutes and the bulbs had junk output and color.

#14 ·
The H7 and H1 bulbs are completely different bulbs.

To make sure you are getting the pr...

The H7 and H1 bulbs are completely different bulbs.

To make sure you are getting the proper bulbs, take out one of your current bulbs.

The Osram bulbs are still not as bright as the Philips Vision Plus.

Both are good bulbs and are German made.

#16 ·
No problem. I have been using Philips bulbs for the last 2 years.

Even my D2S HID bulb...

No problem. I have been using Philips bulbs for the last 2 years.

Even my D2S HID bulbs in my GTI are Philips[:p]

#17 ·
Re: Take some good advice

hey ratso when did you place the order at powerbulbs.com and I just placed mine tonight, but I seriously need them asap, because I drive a lot a night and can't really see much with one bulb. Just wondering how long I should expect. If it's too long then I think I need to get a pair from the dealer first.

Drew is the fiorum lighting guru.

He warned me awhile ago. The Osram (sylvania) Silver Stars are the best choice for replacement. I bought mine, as recomended, from powerbulbs.com. They haven't arrived yet, but I purchased a set of 4 MTEC's 2 weeks ago and 1 blew in 15 minutes and the bulbs had junk output and color.

#18 ·
That's simple...

hey ratso when did you place the order at powerbulbs.com and I just placed mine tonight, but I seriously need them asap, because I drive a lot a night and can't really see much with one bulb. Just wondering how long I should expect. If it's too long then I think I need to get a pair from the dealer first.

Turn on your foglamps for the time being, until you get your bulbs [:)]

#19 ·
yeah either I do that or just get a pair of H7 from the dealer, doesn't cost that much any...

yeah either I do that or just get a pair of H7 from the dealer, doesn't cost that much anyway, they can serve as backups.

Do you know how long it takes to ship here Drew?

#22 ·
yah i just ordered today the Phillips BLUEVISION h7 bulbs total cost $74 cdn. it'll arr...

yah i just ordered today the Phillips BLUEVISION h7 bulbs total cost $74 cdn. it'll arrive my house on thursday heheh can't wait............[:D]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.