Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

OT: Breaking official news on the diesel E-class for the US...

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  BOY-6 
#1 ·
#3 ·
#4 ·
Drew, it says 45 state emmisions will pass without low-sulfur fuel.

The remaining 5 onc...

The remaining 5 once low-sulfur fuel is available in 2006 or 2007.

It does not mention anything about Canada. Any idea of when we will get it? I am sure that I want it more than 98% of the people in the US.

#6 ·
Not sure which states...

The remaining 5 once low-sulfur fuel is available in 2006 or 2007.
I'll have to check [:)]

It does not mention anything about Canada. Any idea of when we will get it? I am sure that I want it more than 98% of the people in the US.
Right, this is a US press release. I wasn't allowed to disclose it until just now. I haven't heard anything from MB Canada yet, other than rumours. When I have something concrete, I will post it. However, note that usually MB Canada isn't far behind [;)]

#8 ·
Re: which 5?

Obviously, Kalifornia is one of the ones that won't let it in.

Who are the other 4?
I believe New York or New Jersey will be one of the others, since you can't buy a VW TDI there.

Or you couldn't a about a year ago.

#12 ·
Re: how much are this bad boys cost in the cdn market?...

how much are this bad boys cost in the cdn market?
This will give you a quick idea:

1999 E300TD $42,400 USD

1999 E320 $46,200 USD

The base diesel was 91% the cost of the base E320.

So, if we use that an a new 2003 E320 sedan costs $69,950 CAD.

Then a new 320CDI should be around $63,650 CAD. But I would expect it closer to $65K, but maybe they will make a stripper diesel with steel wheels, cloth interior, and not many standard options. I could see that making it in the $58K range.

Most people with diesels are more worried about having a car that will last a long time and that is not too flashy. They would rather spend there money elsewhere.

#13 ·
thx bora imight recomend the diesel E-class to my uncle. he likes the new design but the...

thx bora imight recomend the diesel E-class to my uncle. he likes the new design but the e320 is kinda over price. so he might go get the diesel instead. his really not into all does high-tech stuff he drives pretty safe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.