Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Any problem after install AfterMarket Xenon kits?

1K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  AlBoston 
#1 ·
Will there be any problem or side effect after install a after market Xenon kits on a 03 ML? Will it give a check headlight warning like BMWs?

#2 ·
Will there be any problem or side effect after install a after market Xenon kits on a 03 ML? Will it give a check headlight warning like BMWs?
i updated my ML headlights to 02+ halogens.. and i also got a 7500HID aftermarket kit installed... i got that done for more than a week.. havent seen any problems, no check engine light or wat so ever.. however, my Ml is a 98 one... so it might be different. hope this helps..

#3 ·
Yes....

Unless you get the obsure computer setting changed, the lights will flicker. Additionally, aftermarket Xenons aren't the most ideal (or legal). If you really do want to go to Xenons, the MB OEM Bi-Xenons are the way to go.

#4 ·
Yes the model years does make a difference...

i updated my ML headlights to 02+ halogens.. and i also got a 7500HID aftermarket kit installed... i got that done for more than a week.. havent seen any problems, no check engine light or wat so ever.. however, my Ml is a 98 one... so it might be different. hope this helps..
Pre-'02s do not have any problems, but '02+ definitely will. BTW Kevin, I hope that you changed your headlamp fuses to ones with higher amperage.

#5 ·
any Idea on where Can I get a hold of the OEM Bi-Xenon headlight kit?

#6 ·

#8 ·
here is the link

http://www.performanceproducts.com/ProductPage.aspx?productname=ML+Headlight+Update&productid=104177&producttype=20

or you can wait till they have 15% discount card maile out.

#9 ·
Re: Yes the model years does make a difference...

Pre-'02s do not have any problems, but '02+ definitely will. BTW Kevin, I hope that you changed your headlamp fuses to ones with higher amperage.
hey Drew, thanks for da tip! wat amperage should i change it to?

#10 ·
I believe that right now...

They are 7.5 amp fuses? If I recall correctly, you will have to bump them up to 15 or 20 amps (20 sounds more accurate than 15). There should be a fuse for each lamp, so you will need two of them; buy a pack for spare usage. They're extremely inexpensive anyway.

#11 ·
I check out the website unfortunatly is not available for 2003 MLs.

I check out the website unfortunatly is not available for 2003 MLs.

#12 ·
how about here since you are looking for a kit not the...

whole lighting assenbly[:)][8D]
http://www.performanceproducts.com/ProductPage.aspx?productname=Xenon+Bulb+Conversion+Kit&productid=106925&producttype=10

#13 ·
Someone put Bi-xenons in their ML, just move the pins....

Someone put Bi-xenons in their ML, just move the pins.

#14 ·
Re: I believe that right now...

They are 7.5 amp fuses? If I recall correctly, you will have to bump them up to 15 or 20 amps (20 sounds more accurate than 15). There should be a fuse for each lamp, so you will need two of them; buy a pack for spare usage. They're extremely inexpensive anyway.
sorry drew, i am so not good with electronics.. so can u tell me where the fuses are located? i know there are two fuses for my aftermarket HID kit, do i need to change those too?

#16 ·
hook up the adapter and move the pins, i dunno i didnt write the post, lol....

hook up the adapter and move the pins, i dunno i didnt write the post, lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.