Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Where to get steering wheel chrome star insert?

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Carcus 98 ML 
#1 ·
I noticed there is none on my 98 ML320. Can this be ordered from the dealer and does anyone have a part number? Thanks.

#7 ·
Right! Here's a close up pic of the starmark on an 03 steering wheel

notice how it is embedded onto the airbar cover...

#9 ·
Thanks for the answer, didn't know it was part of the airbag itself. Learn something new...

Thanks for the answer, didn't know it was part of the airbag itself. Learn something new everyday, just saw a few pics and noticed my steering wheel looked different.

#14 ·
Steering Wheel Emblem

Carcus 98ML,
The "3" pointed chrome star for the steering wheel is only available from YM 99 and up. I asked the parts manager at Mercedes Benz to see if it could be ordered but it comes as part of the entire airbag assembly and not as an individual item.....What a bummer [:(] Anyway, what do you teach your students in the Air Force?

SSgt. Charles Chavez
68th Airlift Squadron
Lackland AFB, Texas
C5A Flight Engineer

#15 ·
I teach 1C3 Command and Control course here at Keesler AFB. Only seen one other ML on the ...

I teach 1C3 Command and Control course here at Keesler AFB. Only seen one other ML on the road here. Hope Lackland is treating you well. Maybe when I pin on TSgt next month I will have some money to spend on the truck for a change.
[:D]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.