Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

New side step question.

773 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ML&300D 
#1 ·
Finally got instructions on installation of side stepson 03 ML320. Instructions are clear except in step three after removing the front and rear underride stone shields, to modify the shields. Does anyone know what that mod is? Want to install this weekend. The mod may be evident when I get under the truck, but hoping someone knows.

#2 ·
I have an 03 ML with the OEM side steps

pictured here...

Do you have the same one? I can take pics underneath the mounting brackets if you'd like for your additional reference.

E!

#3 ·
It's very difficult to remove the rear stone shields

I jusr installed manik side steps last night.

I don't know the OEM one, but for manik, no need to touch the front shield since there is plenty rooms there. But for the rear shield, it's very close to the frame bumper where the side steps mounted. at first, I try to remove the rear shield. But after remove all four plastic screws which hold the shield, the shield still can't be removed. Finally, I managed to put the bolt on without removing the shield. So, if you try to modify the shield, likely you have to do it under the car. :(

#4 ·
03ML320, have any pics?. My set arrived same day as I was staking off

for overseas, so I haven't yet installed them. Any tips will be quite appreciated. When I opened the box, it seemed like the steps didn't quite line up with the doors. Please post some representative pics if possible.

#5 ·
darkmann

no picture yet. My wife took the digital camera to DC and she won't be back in two weeks.

I did the installation all by myself and took about 2 hours.

As I said you might have trouble to mount the rear bracket to the frame. Don't try to remove anything from the car. Once this is done, the rest are quite easy. You can adjust the alignment by the bolts connectting bracket and step bar easily. For me, I adjust the step bar as far as high as possible.

#6 ·
I'm getting my sidesteps installed by the dealer tomorrow, if you want I can take pics a...

I'm getting my sidesteps installed by the dealer tomorrow, if you want I can take pics afterwards and post them for u.......lemme know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.