Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Front bumper conversion??

9K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  apegeneral 
#1 ·
hi, my first post here. I own a '00 ML320, and apparently somebody hit my front bumper and ran away, and now theres a huge crack in my front bumper. I was wondering if there was anyway I can update it to a '02 or newer bumper or update it to ML55 AMG bumper. THanks!

#2 ·
Funny you asked. I am in the process of converting to ML55 front bumper (I have a black ...

Funny you asked. I am in the process of converting to ML55 front bumper (I have a black '98 ML320). You will need a pair of brackets. I'll get the part numbers when I visit the dealer today.

It's not a direct swap but doable.

#4 ·
Chris Y. did it to his ML320 and I admit it does look very good. Maybe he will shed som...

Chris Y. did it to his ML320 and I admit it does look very good. Maybe he will shed some light on what he did [:)].

#5 ·
hi, my first post here. I own a '00 ML320, and apparently somebody hit my front bumper and ran away, and now theres a huge crack in my front bumper. I was wondering if there was anyway I can update it to a '02 or newer bumper or update it to ML55 AMG bumper. THanks!

So, is it really possible for me convert my 01 ML to an 03 bumper also? with the fog lights, and everything???

#6 ·
i read somewhere here where drew said that it will not work...

ive read posts here before, i think it was said by Drew(correct me if i'm wrong) that said '02 bumper was impossible, but i've heard from other people that it IS possible...

#8 ·
Yes the 2002 rear bumper does work. Call this guy up...

Call North Shore Performance Inc. Ask for the guy that owns the ML. He has the 2002 rear end. Phone number is 781-289-7500. It looks nice. He can give you some insight.

#9 ·
really.... may look @ doing this....

really.... may look @ doing this.

#10 ·
Two vertical brackets...

They clamp on the front metal bumper and allow you to mount the AMG cover that way...I believe they cost around 80 dollars at the dealer...

Once you have that part on you need to remove the special screw with backing plate thats on the stock bumper and use those to mount the sides of the AMG cover...The AMG cover does stick out a bit more so I think you may have to consider flares to go along with the bumper...

Attachments

#14 ·
it's not worth it man, i thought about converting my bumper to a ML55 amg, too expensive...

it's not worth it man, i thought about converting my bumper to a ML55 amg, too expensive labour, paint, installation and etc. it adds up. unless your willing to pay a lot.

#17 ·
Don't know where else so get it. Dealer sells it for roughly $384USD. But there's two types...

There's the Non-sport rear bumper and the rear bumper with the parktronic. The price they told me was without parktronic and I think it's NOT the sport rear bumper. I have no idea what the difference is between the regular and the sport bumpers. But look to pay around $380 un-painted.
hope that helped. If you want it, you can slash off 15% off that and I can get it for you for that price. I can get it for you for $320. But you would have to pick it up from me somehow, LoL

-Chris

#18 ·
Maybe this will help..........

both bumpers and parts needed for each.
[8D]

Attachments

#19 ·
Re: Don't know where else so get it. Dealer sells it for roughly $384USD. But there's two ty

There's the Non-sport rear bumper and the rear bumper with the parktronic. The price they told me was without parktronic and I think it's NOT the sport rear bumper. I have no idea what the difference is between the regular and the sport bumpers. But look to pay around $380 un-painted.
hope that helped. If you want it, you can slash off 15% off that and I can get it for you for that price. I can get it for you for $320. But you would have to pick it up from me somehow, LoL

-Chris
hey thanks for the info chris! that sounds really reasonable actually.. i am really considering it.. you think i can get it painted and installed at $600(include the bumper)? anything above 600 would not worth it i think... If i can get everything done under 600, then i really dun mind doin it.. and i dun mind coming up to pick it up.. i drive up ta boston pretty often anywayz! where u at in boston?

#20 ·
I'll have the thing Painted and installed up here for like $525.

I'll give my body shop a call. I just have to double check if any mounting brackets are needed.
I live 10 minutes up I93 from Boston. But I go to school in downtown Boston (Northeaster Univ.). E-mail me and we can talk a little more.

take care

-Chris

#21 ·
thanks guys for all your help!! hey Chris

thanks guys you all helped me out alot...hey Chris, i go to UConn which is only an hour away from Boston(i'm originally from Boston) you think you can hook me up with a similar deal with the front bumpers?? thanks!

#24 ·
hey chris

You got me interested now! 300 a piece for the bumpers, so u think maybe 1000 painted and installed for both bumpers? Might be worth it...

#25 ·
hmmm but that would require new rims too... anyone selling their 02 ML320 or ML500 wheel...

hmmm but that would require new rims too... anyone selling their 02 ML320 or ML500 wheels? [:D] makes me kind of wish i got the bi-xenons... oh well lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.