Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Replacement shocks recommendations?

822 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Guest 
G
#1 ·
My '98 ML320 with 60k+ is in need of shocks. I don't find a listing on eshocks.com for Bilsteins for the ML, but they are made, aren't they? Any recommendations on specific shocks or sources? I'm sure this has been covered many times, but "search" wasn't working for me.

#2 ·
shocks

look into the Edelbrock IAS shocks. I had them on another vehicle afte rthe Bilstiens and they were far superior. I don't know if the make an application for the ML, but I'm going to check too. I have the same year and model as you and will nee shocks soon I fear (53,00omi)

#4 ·
I would go with Sachs or Bilstein

proven performance and durable shocks.

#5 ·
On the same topic,

has anyone here ever installed shocks that allow you to adjust the ride height at a touch of a button, similar to the Range Rover and Lexus LX470s?

I have a mother-in law and aunt that have a hard time getting in and out of the ML because of its height. I thought this might be a nice feature to have.

#9 ·
rears were 280 each, one complete unit springs,and all the fronts were only 60 or 70 eac...

rears were 280 each, one complete unit springs,and all the fronts were only 60 or 70 each I cant remember. The truck rides like new again though. worth the dough if your going to keep it. I plan on running until 200k which will be about 16 month from now. good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.