Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Excellent dealership near Philly

666 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Sergio 
#1 ·
I keep reading dealership horror stories, so I thought I would recommend an excellent dealership to anyone close enough.

Once again, I got great service at R&S Imports (MB) in Fort Washington today. It's just off the Pennsylvania Tpke, about 20 minutes from Exit 6 of the NJ Tpke for anyone coming from over the river.

They fix everything I gripe about with no questions asked and all under warranty. They've replaced the entire glove box because the hinge was loose, they replaced the GPS/radio antenna for weak reception, and today they just replaced all the brake pads because they were squealing slightly at 19k miles (the first time I complained, they used anti-squeal compound which helped temporarily).

They even find other things to fix for free that I didn't notice, like the seal on the sunroof rubbing on the glass (I have no idea how they noticed this), or low coolant level. On my E class, just as it hit 50k, I told them to check it over thoroughly just in case, since it was going off warranty. They replaced the steering rack, the entire transmission, and one brake caliper, all for free, because there were problems that would eventually lead to failure. I never would have known there was a problem until I broke down and it cost me thousands to fix if they weren't so good about warranty work. I love these guys. I'll buy cars from them forever.

To top it off, if I call a week in advance, I get a shiny new E or ML (my choice) as a loaner. This isn't special treatment. They do this for any customer. I didn't even buy my cars from them.

Service like this engenders loyalty and repeat customers!

See less See more
#2 ·
Great Service

You are so lucky! Make sure when they send you the customer service survey that you give them a good review. Those are like a report card for dealers and they take them very seriously. Likewise, if your dealer doesn't treat you well, put that on the survey. They have to answer to their corporate office if their Customer Service Index is low.

#3 ·
Had similar experiences with one of the other dealerships owned by the same people; Brandy...

Had similar experiences with one of the other dealerships owned by the same people; Brandywine (now re named MB of West Chester). They also own Wilmington Motor Car (De). Very fine people with excellent skills and customer relations!!

#4 ·
I've been dealing with R&S Imports for 3 years. I own a '99 ML430 and a '94 C280. I've had good and bad experiences with them. Among the bad is they failed my car for state inspection because they claimed my front rotors were worn. After arguing with them and explaining that was not possible (rotors only had 30K miles) I still went out and bought new rotors (I installed them myself).Measured the old ones and they were in spec. Took them back there and they had to admit they made a mystake. They were very apologetic.
When they excelled in their service, I made a point of writing MB USA letting them know.
Overall, it is a good dealership and I will continue to go there.

I keep reading dealership horror stories, so I thought I would recommend an excellent dealership to anyone close enough.

Once again, I got great service at R&S Imports (MB) in Fort Washington today. It's just off the Pennsylvania Tpke, about 20 minutes from Exit 6 of the NJ Tpke for anyone coming from over the river.

They fix everything I gripe about with no questions asked and all under warranty. They've replaced the entire glove box because the hinge was loose, they replaced the GPS/radio antenna for weak reception, and today they just replaced all the brake pads because they were squealing slightly at 19k miles (the first time I complained, they used anti-squeal compound which helped temporarily).

They even find other things to fix for free that I didn't notice, like the seal on the sunroof rubbing on the glass (I have no idea how they noticed this), or low coolant level. On my E class, just as it hit 50k, I told them to check it over thoroughly just in case, since it was going off warranty. They replaced the steering rack, the entire transmission, and one brake caliper, all for free, because there were problems that would eventually lead to failure. I never would have known there was a problem until I broke down and it cost me thousands to fix if they weren't so good about warranty work. I love these guys. I'll buy cars from them forever.

To top it off, if I call a week in advance, I get a shiny new E or ML (my choice) as a loaner. This isn't special treatment. They do this for any customer. I didn't even buy my cars from them.

Service like this engenders loyalty and repeat customers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.