Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

OUCH!!!!!

943 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Drew 
#1 ·
While driving towards the North Shore in Massachusetts on saturday night on 93 North...the car in front of me decided that he would swerve out of the way of some highway cones in the middle of the road (apparently a stack of 4 cones had fallen off a truck in the middle of the highway and were not retreived) at the last second while almost hitting some cars next to him leaving me absolutely no chance of swerving since there were vehicles on boths sides of me as well so I slam into the cones therefore completely shattering my Front Spoiler...OUCH!!!!...I immediately stopped my ML to access the damaged...and it was indeed shattered...Fortunately nothing mechanical was damaged on the ML...All in all I guess it was better to hit the cones than to try and swerve and hit the cars next to me....I'll post a pic when I take one...

#4 ·
Re: OUCH!!!

Cant cause of the Front Spoiler I have on the car...it's more of a on road kit then an off road kit...

Hmm, I am looking forward to seeing the picture of what the cone did to your ML. I completely forgot that you had a different front kit, ouch!

I had originally thought that the spoiler that you were referring to was the front lip spoiler that runs along the length of the front bumper. I was going to say that if that had been torn off, you could probably do without it since a lot of owners who off-road remove it anyway for better approach angles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.