Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

brake pads

753 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  ACW 
#1 ·
does anyone have experience installing Porterfield brake pads?
I am not sure if there is a place for the sensor?

thanks
Nick

#2 ·
I don't have experience with Porterfields, but while installing aftermarket Axxis MM pad...

I don't have experience with Porterfields, but while installing aftermarket Axxis MM pads, I had to drill small holes myself to self fit the sensors. Just drill your own holes!

Dave

#5 ·
front or rear porterfields?

From what I understand, they should have the sensor holes for the front brake pads, but it was questionable as to whether they were there for the rears...

Might be a moot point now that MB uses pads that generate less dust...

#7 ·
I went with Mintex pads from Germanstar.com. They are excellent as far as dust. The fron...

I went with Mintex pads from Germanstar.com. They are excellent as far as dust. The front pads came with the driver side sensor already installed. When I installed them, rear pads were not available, unfortunately, so I bought the MB ones. Now my rear wheels get dirtier MUCH sooner than the fronts. When Mintex produces a set for the rear, I'll take off the MB pads (even though almost new) and install the Mintex.
BTW, mine is a 1999 ML430. I found something interesting when I installed the rear MB pads. The new driver side pad's backing plate has a molded-in bracket to fit the rear sensor, which is a pin type - different from the front. I got one of them from my local dealer, but you can get one from Germanstar when you buy the pads. The sensor was about $10 The wiring for the rear sensor is already there, just plug it in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.