Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Question on rear window washer

736 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Drew 
#1 ·
My rear window washer does not work. Any idea for a couple of quick things to check? The nozzles looked ok, from a visual inspection. I could not find reference in the manual to a separate reservoir, and the front one is full & works.

Ideas appreciated.

Thanks!

#3 ·
Only one resevoir...

My rear window washer does not work. Any idea for a couple of quick things to check? The nozzles looked ok, from a visual inspection. I could not find reference in the manual to a separate reservoir, and the front one is full & works.

Ideas appreciated.

Thanks!
Please check the fuse box under the hood for the rear window washer fuse. Also, please check fuse 44 while you're at it.

#4 ·
You're the man!

That was my problem. BTW fuse 44 is the fuse for the rear window washer and fan and a/c.

I seem to recall some prior postings about some A/C problem and blown fuse? Our A/C seemed to have been working fine, and it was *real* hot here in central VA for the last couple of months (cooled down a bit now, thankfully!)

Was there any fix for the blown fuse?

#5 ·
Oh good...

That was my problem. BTW fuse 44 is the fuse for the rear window washer and fan and a/c.

I seem to recall some prior postings about some A/C problem and blown fuse? Our A/C seemed to have been working fine, and it was *real* hot here in central VA for the last couple of months (cooled down a bit now, thankfully!)

Was there any fix for the blown fuse?
Glad that it worked. The A/C is fine when you're moving. It won't be as cool if you're creeping along or if your fan speed is low.

The fuse is a slow blow fuse, so if it has taken this long to go off, then you'll probably be safe for a while. Some people have changed it to a 40 amp fuse (the startup current of the twin fans is a bit more than 30 amps, which is what the problem is), but do that at your own risk of course. My twin fans were changed, just to be on the safe side, but in time we'll see whether this makes a difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.